Scammed!

lmbklb
Contributor
Contributor

I have been scammed by someone in Nigeria. I am very new @ Paypal and was selling a Playstion 2 on Craigslist. Someone agreed to buy it and said they sent the money. I received a confirmation e-mail & then another e-mail asking for the tracking number. I have now come to find out from Paypal C/S the e-mails are bogus. I have contacted the USPS and need to go back tomorrow to file a recall package request.

What a nightmare! Does anyone have any suggestions as too what else I should do! Should I file a police report, will it do any good? Is there a way to file a report for internet scam? Do I do that at the police station?  I have all the e-mail correspondence from the person that was supposedly buying it but I'm sue they've cancelled the address already.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Just try to get the parcel back.

The name you have is bogus and they're already using a new one.

Login to Me Too

lmbklb
Contributor
Contributor

That's what I'm figuring. I actually got another e-mail this morning saying to rest assure my funds have been received and will be able within 48 hours.  These people are good at what they are doing!

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

There probably will be more emails - they may also tell you that they paid you too much and to send the balance back by Western Union.

Login to Me Too

leewash3
New Community Member

Bro the same thing almost happened to me today. I got that email with the money sent. It seemed too good to be true. I'm the ppl at the post office told me of frauds from Nigeria. The best thing to do is try to get the package back and contact paypal before doing anything. I wish u the best of luck.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.