paypal won't act!

robborugbyrobbo
Contributor
Contributor

i have been defrauded of £500 and paypal have turned a blind eye and swept it under the carpet!

i purchased camping tickets for V festival back in march of this year from ebay for the sum of £500, i paid for the tickets via paypal where i have been a customer for over 5 years and thought i was protected against the countless fraudsters that are out there.

a few days after buying the tickets ebay messaged me saying there was a violation with the listing and they advised me not to pay and if i had payed to try and get refunded from the seller; failing that to open a dispute with ebay to settle the matter. after weeks of trying to contact the seller to no avail i opened a dispute expecting ebay to find in my favour, however they could not find in my favour because the tickets were NOT covered under ebay buyer protection because i was seen to be renting the land from chelmsford county council!

ebay then stressed that i would still be covered by paypal and that i should contact them. i contacted paypal and they REFUSED to take any further action because ebay had settled the dispute and as ebay is there sister company in there eyes the matter was closed!

i explaining to paypals call centre staff but all they kept saying was they couldn’t do anything because ebay had dealt with the matter.

i would strongly recommend to stay away from paypal because they lead you to believe you are save from fraudsters where as in reality its a completely different story. due to paypals incompetence i have had to involved my local authority in order to pursue this fraudster.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_lucy

Hey there,

I have read your post and I can understand your frustration.

What the agent at PayPal as saying is true though.

If eBay work a case then it cannot be opened again on PayPal. It's the same if you open one both on PayPal and eBay at the same time the PayPal one will be automatically closed.

Login to Me Too

kennethw
Contributor
Contributor

yes, it seems that both eBay and Paypal's guarantees are best torn into strips and hung in the smallest room in the house

Login to Me Too

matthw18
Contributor
Contributor

to me ebay and paypal are the fraudsters as they don't protect buyers at all, am reading all these posts and wondering whose collecting the interest on all this money, think something in a paper about the lack of support about protection is needed to let people see that you dont have any protection

Login to Me Too

foxylady26
New Community Member

@paypal_lucy

What you have said is not true!

I have a buyer who claimed there item was damaged, they filed a claim through ebay and somehow won and then they filed it through paypal and won again.

Both sites are an absaloutly joke for sellers!! there is not seller protection what so ever.

I phone both ebay and paypal regarding my case, I follwed there advise and the buyer got a refund and got to keep the items he purchased of me just off 'his word' that they were damaged.

I asked him to return and and he refused!! i asked him to send a photo and he refused!! so of course he did the easy option went to ebay/paypal because he knew he would get is money back with no questions....again a JOKE!!

Login to Me Too

jingkayjandayan
Contributor
Contributor

contact financial obudsman service. i'm currently making a complain against paypal. i must admit, as buyer we are better off claiming a refund from credit card. i recently bought a counterfeit louis vuitton handbag from ebay which was posted as genuine. i already provided all documents the sw...s has asked me, that includes paying extra 35.00 from my poupette just to provide written documentation that the item is really counterfeit. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.