Want to dispute but no Transaction ID and nothing in History

xxtizzxx
New Community Member

Hey,

I want to file a dispute but i do not have any form of transaction ID.

I've looked at my history on this website and its showing NO transaction history which is rubbish as i use paypal via Ebay frequently!

I have an email whic is a receipt of payment by Paypal... so im confused as to where to go from here?

How do i file a dispute with none of the required information?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

classy-diva
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The transaction ID will be on the payment receipt from PayPal.

Login to Me Too

grantyboy11
New Community Member

I have the exact same thing going on at the moment.

I purchased an item on e-bay through pay pal.

I never recived my item.

The seller says he has a problem with his paypal account so the goods havent been dispatched and he has refunded my money.

The problem being is I have no refund in my account and not transaction ID and nothing in my history.

Can get to speak to anyone within paypal either.

Is this a scam....?

Login to Me Too

TommyBoyUK

I have the exact same problem right now.. not received my item via ebay and the seller is being rude and now ignoring my messages!! So frustrating i feel robbed.. i never use my paypal account only seems to say ive paid via paypal when i use my debit card on ebay? I try and search my history on paypal and nothing... all i have is a receipt number via paypal email and that does not work. There must be anotherway. Ive tried everything.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi TommuBoyUK, 

If you are unable to locate the transaction on your history then you may have paid using a guest account. This is when you pay using PayPal but do not log in to your own PayPal account. 

In this case I would recommend that you contact us by phone so we can locate the transaction for you and manually file a claim. 

To contact us please click on the contact us link at the bottom of any PayPal page. 

I hope this helps and thanks for posting 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

idrisahmed
New Community Member

sircraig
New Community Member

hey,

can anyone help, i have set up a paypal account and ebay account both with different emails and i have sold my first item on ebay and recieved a email saying you have recieved payment from a buyer. but when i go to my paypal there is nothing in there and no history. also on ebay it have an hourglass say payment being processed by pay pal. everything is linked and verified but i dont know what to do. please help.

@xxtizzxx wrote:

Hey,

I want to file a dispute but i do not have any form of transaction ID.

I've looked at my history on this website and its showing NO transaction history which is rubbish as i use paypal via Ebay frequently!

I have an email whic is a receipt of payment by Paypal... so im confused as to where to go from here?

How do i file a dispute with none of the required information?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I suspect you put your ebay email addy in the paypal payment box and not the paypal one.

You needed to have put the paypal one in the box as that is the one that identifies your paypal account that the buyer sends the payment to . >>>

Go and find the transaction in your “my ebay” > click to the right where it says sell similar > don't fill in anything just scroll down to the payments section > look in the paypal box > is the email addy in there correct with no spelling mistakes and the paypal one? If not then it would have been wrong on your finished auctions so come back for more advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.