Unauthorised Transaction

Reidjo5
Contributor
Contributor
Hi everyone, I'm very new to PayPal only started using it last month, I bought a few things off of eBay in April and haven't used eBay since, then yesterday I have two transactions for £70 each come out of my bank account through eBay purchases for stuff I haven't bought and don't want, I have raised a dispute on these payments, how long is the process and how likely is it I will get my money back
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Faxed

It really depends. 

Primarily, PayPal's team works off of your account's data (and information provided by the seller). To this end, PayPal will comb through to find any anomalies - If they can't find any, they'll generally decide in the seller's favour. This can be further swayed by the evidence submitted by the seller - As the item was sent, there would be an address that it was sent to (which PayPal will look into).

Disputes can take up to 30 days, but PayPal usually get to them a lot faster. Have you checked your Ebay? To ensure you haven't bought something accidentally? Have you tried contacting the seller, to see what was bought? 

Login to Me Too

Reidjo5
Contributor
Contributor
Yes PayPal have decided in the sellers favour which I'm not happy about, I have contacted both the sellers to no response, and I have definitely not ordered the items, I have now contacted eBay to see if they can do anything, one of the items was for a Ford Explorer, I don't even own a car, is there anymore I can do to fight this? I just feel angry that whoever has done this is going to get away with it
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Reidjo5,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

If you are unhappy with the decision made on a recent case you have 10 days to appeal the decision and request a further review on the account. To do this please contact us by phone, Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK/ or Twitter - @AskPayPal and provide your email address along with the case ID number.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.