Resolution Centre doesn't work with no transaction ID

steviewevie
Contributor
Contributor

I have a debit from PayPal on my bank statement which doesn't show up in my list of transactions from PayPal. No problem, I thought, I'll go to the Resolution centre and use "Dispute a transaction". 

It then shows me a list of transactions and it suggests just pressing "Continue" if I don't have a transaction ID (which I don't in this case, because as I said it only shows up on my bank statement, not PayPal).

However, if I press "Continue" then all it does it say it can't find any unauthorised activity, and it forces me to change my password (fair enough) as a precaution.

But that's it! How do I resolve the unauthorised debit by PayPal? It looks like the Resolution Centre isn't working properly when you don't have a transaction ID.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

steviewevie
Contributor
Contributor

Update - I raised a formal complaint via PayPal since that seemed to be my only way (other than this forum) to contact them to look into this. I received an email overnight explaining things and I now see what has happened, which was a misunderstanding on my part.

So my issue is resolved. However, the Resolution Centre still needs a way to be able to properly report a problem with something that doesn't have a PayPal transaction ID.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.