Refund from Microsoft that isnt appearing in my Paypal account

KMHodgson
Contributor
Contributor

Please can someone help me?

Microsoft have refunded £141 to me as a goodwill gesture after complaining about soem transactions that have left my account that i hadnt authorised.  I waited a few days for the refund to appear and after 8 days it still hasnt arrived.  I contacted Microsoft who told me that the payment had been manually declined by Paypal and i needed to speak to Paypal about that.

I rang Paypal and they said that there is no reason why they would decline my refund but they couldnt understand where the refund was and why it hadnt shown in my account.

After loads of back and forth, Paypal want Microsoft to contact them direct to see if they can sort it out between them but the guy from Microsoft has not called me back and seems to reluctant to speak to Paypal on my behalf.

I am getting really stressed about this as with Christmas coming up i coud really do with the money back and can't seem to get anywhere with this.

Can anyone suggest another body or organisation i might be able to go to to help me with this please?

Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_david

Hi there KMHodgson,

Welcome to the Community!

I am sorry to hear about what has happened here. It sounds like it has been a very frustrating experience.

In relation to your query regarding Microsoft payments. As the products are intangible items, we may not be able to open a dispute on the transaction through PayPal for you.

If we are unable to see the payment showing as refunded on PayPal, this means that Microsoft have not refunded the payment yet. The only thing that you can do is to try and contact Microsoft again and explain to them that the payment is still showing as Completed from your PayPal account. Ask them to recheck the information on their side in order to ensure that the payment is being refunded the correct way.

I hope you can get this resolved soon.

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.