Paypal tech fails and incompetent staff

caje916
Contributor
Contributor

Due to the complete inability of the so-called customer service dept at paypal to actually answer any questions or properly deal with complaints, I have finally given up and will shortly be closing my account. Further, ignoring the staff issues, they have quite a few technical faults on their site too.

When I tried to add some information to a dispute, I was completely unable to add any info or attach a file. I tried their automated help, but the options I was told to use didn't show on the page. I spoke to them, (on two occasions), but nothing was added to the case. I emailed them and that was ignored as well.

Another fault is when you have to add your name and date to the end of any complaint you send them, the date is offered from a drop-down calendar. I picked the day's date and it showed as DD/MM/YYYY. However, it then fails to send as this is an error. You have to manually change the date format to DD/MM/YY. I told them this too, but they didn't seem concerned.

I'm aware that there are sites that insist you have a PayPal account to use, but they'll just have to go. I can no longer be bothered with the hassle.

If it's all working for you, congratulations. However, if it isn't, I have purchased the domain ****. I shall be adding info and allowing others too very shortly. Check it out 🙂

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Userncc1701
Contributor
Contributor

Completely agree, the whole process is faulty. My dispute required me to provide some info regarding postage tracking. I entered this and when clicking submit, the process failed and di not allow me to re enter!  A dispute is only supposed to go to appeal once but the seller has been able to do this twice (status change to appeal then being considered by PP to appeal again).

Donot bother with PP dispute. If you can raise a chargeback with your card company.

Login to Me Too

caje916
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the info. Within the next week or so, I hope to have my new website live - ****. Please check it out and add your comments. If I can get enough complaints, I can take them to PayPal and try and get some improvements. Cheers Rick

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.