Neither Paypal nor Bank of Scotland are willing to refund an unauthorised transaction on my account

mary0123
New Community Member
Money was withdrawn from my account through an unauthorised transaction, which neither Paypal nor the Bank of Scotland are willing to refund, passing me from one to the other: £78.54  

The Bank of Scotland investigated an unauthorised transaction on my account at my request. They found out it was a Paypal transaction and based on the history of transactions with Paypal they considered it genuine. My Ebay account had been hacked and used as a guest user to purchase “6 titanium drill bits” from China for USD 99.99, so £78.54. Under the same tracking number as the drill bits, I received a toy bracelet from China worth USD 5.00. I never received the drill bits and the seller is not an Ebay seller anymore. Paypal says the Bank should refund me because it is the one who initiated the investigation and therefore I cannot open a dispute or any type of claims with Paypal . The Bank says Paypal should refund because Paypal stated it was a genuine transaction. The purchase hasn't been made through the Paypal account but through the Paypal paying platform on Ebay. Noone assumes responsibility and I am short of £78.54.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.