How do I escalate a dispute to a claim?

mindol3863
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I filed a dispute on 3/Jan because the product that I paid was not delivered and the seller hasn't responded at all for seven days.

It is being reviewed by Paypal now. And the seller hasn't responded for another seven days.

Does  'being reviewed by Paypal' mean that my dispute has been escalated to a claim?

Because I cannot find any button that says 'escalate to a claim'.

I am worried if the case is closed when 20 days has passed, without any solution or refund.

This is my case.

As a buyer who has been scammed, I reported my problem to the Resolution Center.

I bought a flight ticket from her and she refunded (cancelled) the ticket few days later and took the money. So my ticket is gone. She did say that the ticket is non-refundable.(So she lied) I have every proof possible. 

Screenshot of all messages that I had with her, PDF of the ticket that I downloaded on the date of purchase, and the proof (screenshot) that she refunded the ticket.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi there mindol3863,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community! 

In general, disputes are not reviewed by PayPal as this type of case is a friendly resolution between buyer and seller. PayPal can review a case only after it has been escalated to a claim.

After a dispute has been escalated to a claim, a seller has 10 days to respond to it giving us enough information for the claim investigation. If no information is provided within that timeframe, the case will automatically close in buyer's favour If the seller provides the requested information, PayPal will review the case and take a decision within 30 days. Both parties will be informed about the case outcome via email and via the Resolution Centre.

Hope this helps!

Martina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.