How can I open a dispute when the seller cancels the refund echeque?

Lozdi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I recently had to request a refund on ebay due to a seller selling me a blatantly faulty phone (lied in listing.) She was difficult about it but issued a refund via e cheque after I opened a request. I was told by ebay i'd be sent a label to post the item back. Ebay didn't send me a label, and that seller CANCELLED the refund the day before it was due to clear. Now I have a faulty item, and the seller blatantly cancelled the refund....and ebay of course hasn't even sent me the label. How on earth do I proceed? The seller has proven herself very untrustworthy and I don't know what to do. Do I risk sending this broken phone back without ebay's label and hope she refunds me? That feels like a silly thing to do given she has already been dishonest.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lozdi

Firstly contact Ebay and state the refund failed >>

If you're contacting from the UK, you can get in touch with eBay at 0845 355 3229. Alternatively, you can get in touch with them through social media, either via Twitter (https://twitter.com/AskeBay) or Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/eBay.co.uk).

If you can't get resolution that way then open a paypal dispute for item received but not as required via the ''resolve a problem link'' lower left of your paypal summary page and go from there.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lozdi

Firstly contact Ebay and state the refund failed >>

If you're contacting from the UK, you can get in touch with eBay at 0845 355 3229. Alternatively, you can get in touch with them through social media, either via Twitter (https://twitter.com/AskeBay) or Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/eBay.co.uk).

If you can't get resolution that way then open a paypal dispute for item received but not as required via the ''resolve a problem link'' lower left of your paypal summary page and go from there.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Lozdi
Contributor
Contributor

Thankyou! I tried to tell them the refund failed, it just sends me in useless loops 😕 it is like the seller initiating it was all that they had to do, and ebay doesn't care that they cancelled it. I have sent messages to those links you provided thankyou, unfortunately, calling ebay isn't an option as I have no phone (hence buying one on ebay- never again though!). Will hopefully get a response from the social media, can't take much more of this headache.

Login to Me Too

Lozdi
Contributor
Contributor

So....I can't dispute it in paypal apparently, the option is greyed out, and I expect this is because ebay's system hasn't 'noticed' that she cancelled the refund yet. I am close to tears, and about ready to just let the nasty scammer win 😞 I'm always hearing people moan about buyers scamming them, and here I am being scammed by a seller and it seems **bleep** near impossible to get a response from ebay. -.-

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lozdi

Can you not borrow someones landline? After all its FREE to phone Ebay and Paypal using one.

If not and you don't get any success with Ebay then can i ask how you funded your paypal payment??

If it was via a credit card then contact your card issuer direct and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Lozdi
Contributor
Contributor

I had communication with ebay via the twitter link you gave me, and they have taken a look at things and stepped in for me, all will be sorted now! Thankyou very much for your help- I would not have thought to contact them through twitter. 🙂

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lozdi

Smiley Happy  Good news x

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.