Does not knowing the model number count as SNAD?

aguitarpenter
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a Motorola E4 plus online, and made the assumption that because the item was listed in GBP (not a foreign currency with the equivalent in GBP), and it wasn't otherwise stated, that it would be the UK model. However, when I contacted Motorola about a warranty issue they told me it was actually a Singapore model. The seller thinks that because the model number was listed it doesn't count as SNAD, but who knows model numbers off by heart? I didn't even consider the chance of there being different models available - is that unreasonable? Should I have to find the correct model number before buying?

I *think* I should be able to get the warranty issue sorted through the seller, but I don't want to have to wait for the phone to potentially go to Singapore and back for it, and definitely not if there's any other warranty issues! I wanted a UK phone that could be dealt with by UK service centres...

Thanks for any help!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aguitarpenter

All you can do is open a dispute > put in all the info > escalate to a claim and see if Paypal finds in your favour.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.