Dispute progress - odd changes?

Tessa_123
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

Just wanted to ask for some advice about whether anyone else has encountered these issues and what happened?  I purchased an item which was faulty and failed within 7 days.  Took pictures of the problem, and returned it, and raised a dispute. Seller confirmed they received it.  Paypal refunded my money, and the case was closed, but the seller appealed.  Oddly, the Paypal website said initially, after the case was closed, that Paypal were unable to make a decision in my favour at this time - even though they refunded my money.  I rang, and they said that they were updating the systems, and this must have been some odd error.   They said that their decision was final, in my favour, and if the seller appealed, this was between them and the seller, and not me. Tonight, I get an email saying they are investigating.  I logged into the Paypal website to have a look at the dispute and the case has changed from closed to awaiting the other party's response.  Looking through the history, the dispute was re-opened yesterday, but not by me.  I am confused?  Not too sure what is going on?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tessa_123

You were refunded and they can't take that back.

If they have made a mistake then the onus is on paypal to reimburse the seller.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.