Dispute Enquiry about onBux

Jahanzeb
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I would like to enquire about a Dispute/claim against onBux Ltda. I have made around 1348$ Purchases at onBux Ltda. These purchases include several referral pack purchases as well as ultimate membership upgrade. onBux Ltda, is a bux site and like all other bux site you need to wait atleast 2-3 months to get your payment return, so I waited and when I recently asked for a 345$ payment on my account I got no payment from onBux Ltda, which PROMISES to pay its ultimate members INSTANTLY. I am an ultimate member and a transaction record at paypal also shows that i purchased the item ultimate membership at onBux.

Now I am in real trouble as this site is not paying me what it describes and is using paypal to scam members. 

I have no intentions to continue on this website and any of their schemes. I just want a swift action from Paypal to refund all my purchases. I am unable to open a dispute/claim as 45 days have passed, but Paypal must have any method to help me as this is a serious matter and onBux is really scaming alot of members.

Regards

Login to Me Too
63 REPLIES 63

gold
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal Admin,

I am very upset right now as paypal has been disabled from onbux for over a week now. No one will give a real explanation as to why. I have been waiting over 5 weeks for what was suppose to be an instant payment of $150 and I have another $170 in my account I cannot cash out. We know you as paypal are not part of the scam but we deserve an answer on whether or not paypal will ever be involved with onbux again for payouts or if your doing an investigation on onbux. Meanwhile people are getting paid small amounts through alertpay but I thought you should know onbux has been paying their moderators hundreds of dollars at a time while the real investers like myself keep waiting. I have invested hundreds and hundreds of dollars. But stop investing when my account went into review for over a month. That is why I cant get money back within the 45 day limit. Please tell me you guys are doing something about this. I am a huge user of paypal and I feel ripped off. There should be something that covers someone like myself from being scamed by a REGISTERED COMPANY. I want my money, I want a refund, I want justice. That money was suppose to go toward wedding plans with my fiance. Now I have to use ebay and sell all my stuff off but I still use paypal and as a customer Im unhappy right now. WAITING FOR AN EXPLANATION ON WHERE YOU STAND WITH ONBUX AND I WANT MY MONEY PLEASE your my last hope.

Login to Me Too

RuK00112

Even i have the same problem. I cant seem to cashout my money from onbux now and im also a golden member there. I have spend the money i invested there on buying golden membership and buying some referral packs. 

Login to Me Too

gold
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal admin,

WE WANT ANSWERS AS TO WHATS GOING ON WITH YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH ONBUX. THEY SAY ITS YOUR FAULT WERE NOT GETTIG PAID. ONBUX MAYBE TURNING TO A SCAM NOW BUT THEY STILL PAY WITH ALERTPAY. I HAVE BEEN WAITING 45 DAYS FOR $154 PAYMENT THROUGH PAYPAL. AT THIS POINT I CONSIDER YOU JUST AS RESPONSIBLE FOR MY MONEY NOT PAID. THE REASON IS YOU WILL NOT ADRESS THIS PROBLEM EVEN THOUGH IVE ASKED SEVERAL TIMES IN HERE FOR AN EXPLANATION. I AM VERY USET AT PAYPAL. I BRING YOU ENDLESS BUISNESS WITH EBAY. I HAVE ANOTHER $175 IN MY ONBUX ACCOUNT I CANT TOUCH BECAUSE YOU WONT TAKE CARE OF MY FIRST PAYMENT.

JUST BE HONEST WITH US AND ANSWER US WHATS GOING ON, WE DESERVE THAT MUCH. I NEED THAT MONEY SO BAD. BUT NO YOUR GREAT PROTECTION PROGRAM WONT DO ANYTHING FOR ME. TAKE CARE OF THIS ASAP WERE GOOD PEOPLE AND DONT DESERVE THIS. ALERTPAY HAS NO PROBLEM PROTECTING THEIR CUSTOMERS. DONT MAKE ME LOOSE ALL FAITH IN PAYPAL!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_john
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi guys,

the simple fact here is that PayPal are not going to disclose any information about an account with the public, whether you've had a transaction with them or not. It's a financial account and any investigation that has or has not happened, is or is not happening and will or will not be happening in the future cannot be discussed.

If we have an account receiving a large number of complaints then we will put a stop on the account as we would not want to be doing business with someone whose business model is leading to complaints.

However, payments for online bux like these would not fall under the scope of PayPal's buyer protection policy as you are not purchasing a physical, tangible item that can be posted. Even if we stop the account that does not give us the right to start reversing payments from the account.

Finally, if we have put a stop to an account we will not put a stop to their ability to issue you a refund. This is always allowed.

Login to Me Too

Jahanzeb
Contributor
Contributor

Dear John, I beg your pardon, are you suggesting that If I open a scam website which sells web templates (which are ofcourse non physical, non tangible item) and run away and dont provide my customers the items they purchase, its scam covered by Paypal ?

Either we are all very stupid or Paypal is helping these scams to prevail. A necessary action must be taken as you can see there is a large number of complains. I am not asking for anything but just the amount I invested in the site to be returned to me or atleast a major portion of it, because of onBux Scam business model we are unable to open dispute as it takes more then 45 days to be able to withdraw any amount from it. There must be some thing that Paypal can do about this, otherwise if your suggestion is an open invitation of scaming to everyone on basis of non physical items then I would say Bravo to Paypal for being the biggest scam operator ever.

Login to Me Too

Jahanzeb
Contributor
Contributor

Also I want to state that you are correct on the part that it doesnot give you a right to reverse payments from the account which is closed, but its the customers right, its our right to reverse our payments as onBux has changed their Terms of Service without the consent of its members, and to which I do not agree to. Paypal should only facilitate us in the reversal of these payments.

Login to Me Too

gold
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal John,

What your saying doesnt make sense. Ebay has a policy through paypal that covers intangible items such as money so why wouldnt that be the same case with Onbux? You are affiliated with Onbux and you take money from the transactions that place gladly. But when we get scamed you guys say theres nothing you can do and essentially allow the scam to continue. Is it our fault that the terms of service were changed and we had to wait forever to get our money through a registered company? So we have to wait for over the 45 day waiting period for money and then cant file a dispute because its too late and then paypal shuts down onbux's account so we all loose. But I gaurantee Paypal will reopen their account with onbux once this all blows over. Were not fools here we know whats going on. Were talking about hundreds and hundreds of dollars and in some cases thousands. Its like a game of good cop bad cop with paypal. Every other moderator gives us hope and is kind and concerned and then the next one is just like sorry about your luck. But the deal is were not going away until something is done about this. Paypal is just as responsible in my eyes as Onbux right now and I will accept nothing less than the full refund of $410 that is owed to me.

Login to Me Too

shawty1222
New Community Member

Hello all, I am a Gold Member at Onbux as well.  The first cashout that was manually checked occurred in March 1, 2011.  The site finally paid my after 21 days ($56.79).  I was expecting to be white-listed after this review because that is what the rules say will happen, of course it did not!  I cashed out again on April 1, 2011, as you can see by the date it has been well over the waiting time to receive payment.  I habeen a loyal member, I have not violated the TOS of the site, and I (was) active daily.  Because my last cashout has not been received I have been using my balance to hold on to referrals; most of which I notice have not 'clicked' at all!  I have been a Gold Member since February 1, 2011 so imagine my surprise at the site already scamming/not paying.  How can we get some of our investments back?  Paypal should not allow them to sully their reputation which so far has been good. Woman Indifferent

Login to Me Too

gold
Contributor
Contributor

PRICE paid for 1000 referals gold membership and upkeep $600, Money left in my account I cant cashout $330 , Onbux Administration running away with my  money while paypal lets them PRICELESS!

Come on already Paypal do something about this. Your becoming just as bad if not worse than Onbux....

Login to Me Too

PayPal_barry

Hello, please allow me clarify some issues for you in relation to intangible/digital/services on PayPal. We have 2 options in claims cases, non-receipt and not as described. You either have not got the item (in which case it is Non-Receipt) or you got the item and it is not as described.

For intangible/digital/services there is no really conclusive way of providing receipt. Even if you do receive it on-line, how can be proven that it is as described. It becomes one opinion against another.

At the same time, PayPal respect the fact that on-line sites are becoming increasingly popular and common. We must also underline that the vast majority of on-line traders are 100% genuine and honest. If there is an issue with any one site and complaints are raised. PayPal will take immediate and decisive action against that account, as their actions also reflect upon us

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.