Customer Service

Big_Mike_B
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any way to directly talk to someone on the PayPal customer service team? Is it safe to assume they even have one? I've tried to contact them through the message centre, got an automated response saying that I can call them. I tried calling them, and all I get is a set of menus and scripted machine responses that are not at all helpful.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Big_Mike_B

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

In the UK its free from any landline phone.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Denise23
Contributor
Contributor

And how about the deaf? After going through the loop of non-information several times, all I get is a phone number when I can't use a phone. It's pure discrimination angainst the disabled!

I've left a message in message centre but don't have much confidence anything will happen. I'm just trying to send money to a friend but PayPal is putting it in some category where they have to click something to receive it, but they don't notify the recipient or gve them any means to receive the money.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Denise23

Ways to contact customer services.
>>

1. You can click on help / contact and use the email option in the blue band at the top of the page.

2. You can click on help / contact and use the phone option in the blue band top of the page.

3. You can send them a p.m via their Facebook page @ www.facebook.com/PayPal

4. You can send them a p.m via their Twitter page @ AskPayPal for Twitter

5. You can use the message centre in your paypal account.

6. You can ask a question on here (answers from community members normally).

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Denise23
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. There is no email option in the blue bar, I've just checked again, but I'll try Facebook and Twitter. Message center says they will take 4-8 weeks and that's just not acceptable. It's a UK account so no reason this should ever have been held up!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Denise23

Just checked and yes you are correct they have removed the email option and replaced it with the message centre so thanks for that and will amend my list.

I do know that sometimes phone calls are tricky, but they should get back to you within 48 hours on Facebook or Twitter, good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Denise23
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. Finally got someone talking to me on Facebook. The issue isn't fixed yet but at least I have communication.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.