After escalating a claim

Ahh
Contributor
Contributor
The seller was paid for an item, And never posted it, so I escalated the claim and today was the last day of "waiting for sellers response" and no response so what happens next? I just want my Money back and to be done with it.. Please help
Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

The seller has up until the end of today to provide a tracking number that proves delivery of the item to you or you should be issued with your refund.

But that does not mean they do it immediately the 10 days is up at mid-night, they may take 24-48 hours to processs it for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ahh
Contributor
Contributor
Do I have to rely on the seller to refund me as he will not do it she just ignores everything?! Thanks
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

No if he does not prove with a tracking number that you have received the item and does not refund you then paypal will refund you under their buyer protection scheme.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Ahh
Contributor
Contributor
And do they automatically do this and if so how long does it take? Thanks for the help
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Answered that in my first post.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

J-D
Contributor
Contributor

If paypal refunds you under their buyer protection scheme does the ignorant seller keep the buyers initial payment or does paypal take it from them?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Paypal will put the sellers paypal account into neg balance and they won't be able to use it till they have cleared the debt.

If they don't clear it the debt is often passed to debt collection agencies. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

J-D
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your last...The seller I used has dozens of complaints regarding refunds and ignorance on a social network site which was unbeknown to me before my purchase. I am pretty sure that at least some of the other buyers probably used paypal like me so how many disputes must a seller total up before paypal recognises there is a problem and ban them from using this service?  kind regards

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sorry i have no idea on the number before paypal restrict an account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.