bad sellers

modelcriteria
Contributor
Contributor

i called and askeed pay pall how to send item. she said as long as it provides a tracking number im ok.. usps gaqve me a number, doesnt work in china. i lost 170.00

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

clearcalculatio
Contributor
Contributor

And your question is??? No one can help you is your only post is a complaint when UPS clearly states that tracking only works in some countries.

Login to Me Too

modelcriteria
Contributor
Contributor

i didnt have a question. i was just station that BASIXALLY SOME WIZ COPYD PASTED PAID A "HOSTER" TO "POST" THIER ITEMS THEY CLAIM A PRODUCT TALK TO YOU DAY AND NIGHT TO SELL AND THEN WHEN THEN SEND YOU PLASTIC INSTEAD, THERES NOTHING THAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT. BC THE FEAR OF SOME ONE WH MAKES .82 A DAY TO L OOSE 160.00 IS NOT AN OPTION SO THEY STOP WRITTING. 

also usps did not explain to have my product tracked in china it needed to be registered for 10 bucks, i got the usps to refund me that bc they expolained it wrong. and  were doies it state that the shipping may or not work. 

Login to Me Too

Temp20240121k
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happened to me... Sent USPS to Turkey with tracking to Turkey but not in the country... Provided all the docs to Paypal, and got a sorry we are closing your case -work it out with the buyer response... Buyer Protection is worthless... I am getting rid of PayPal... AMEX would have never done that...
Login to Me Too

redpower
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Temp20240121k wrote:
Same thing happened to me... Sent USPS to Turkey with tracking to Turkey but not in the country... Provided all the docs to Paypal, and got a sorry we are closing your case -work it out with the buyer response... Buyer Protection is worthless... I am getting rid of PayPal... AMEX would have never done that...

Maybe you should ship somewhere that is actually protected by seller protection...like US Canada, and UK

Login to Me Too

Temp20240121k
Contributor
Contributor

Well, now that I know that PayPal's buyer protection is not what they say it is, and they don't stand behind and protect your purchase... its a no brainer...  in fact, from this point forward I will avoid PayPal at all costs.  It's too bad too... we are in the technology business, and we had 6 clients that were looking to implement PayPal for their websites as merchants...  not going to happen now... we cannot reccomend them under any circumstance... as in reading and doing further research, there are significant exposure points for sellers too (and a lot of sellers appear to have been burned by PayPal)... and one of those clients does $100M in sales each year...that would have been a nice account for PayPal.   As far as my $300... I really don't care at this point, this was more about principles... as far as I am concerend, I learned something... not to trust PayPal... (and not be stupid again) ...consider it tuition...

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone, and welcome to the forums!

Just to clear up a few misconceptions, shipping to countries other than US, CA, and UK does not nullify seller protection. However, you definitely do need to get delivery confirmation that can be tracked online, and will show actual delivery to the destination.

When shipping internationally, the USPS hands the package off to the receiving country's local postal system. This may or may not result in the kind of accuracy needed to meet the requirement of Seller Protection. It is important to evaluate all your shipping options. Every shipping service has its own terms and assurances. If you choose to employ a company as your contractor for delivering your item, it's important to make sure you're aware of what they can and can't do for you.

Click here to learn more about Seller Protection.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Temp20240121k
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Olivia,   I am going to have to agree to disagree with you on that one...   The only means of shipment (which by the way was also requested by the seller) was USPS.  I received a tracking number, the post office in such instances actually uses the US Customs Form Number, an individual number assigned to that shipment/package (so its unique)... unfortuantely that was the fullest extent of what was obtainable.  I explained that to PayPal, was able to confirm that the shipment entered Turkey and then that's where tracking ends (as you aptly noted)...  I explained all this detail to PayPal, who in turn responded by closing my case due to an invalid tracking number.  The tracking number was quite valid, unfortunately, the buyer protection is just not what PayPal talks it up to be... 

Truth be told Olivia, this is just a "bad-seller" who, to add insult to injury, also rated me as a non-paying buyer, (which based on his comment alone, I should have gotten a refund, as he would not have shipped the merchandise if that were to be the case, which I also advised PayPal of), which I later had reversed with proof of payment.  Unfortuantely, this is a predatory seller, who can manipulate the system and take advantage of sellers, because of PayPal's gaps ...and shortfall on buyer protection in these instances...  it just allows him the ability to get away with this kind of fraud, and apparently, as I found out from trying to rectify this through PayPal, there is nothing I can do about it...  Unless you are going to tell me that the PayPal representative did not handle my grievance correctly?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

For shipping an item back to a seller in a claim, the requirements for delivery confirmation are the same as they are for a seller shipping to a buyer.

Keep this in mind - the recipient doesn't dictate the means by which you ship the item, you do. Letting them decide how you ship is a nice gesture, but is not necessary by any means. You can choose to ship USPS, UPS, FedEx, or any other shipping company that offers tracking online. Additionally, to clarify a misunderstanding that a lot of people have about customs numbers - USPS customs numbers are for internal USPS use and are not meant to serve as delivery confirmation. Many times they will not show more than the fact that the package was handed off to the destination country, and sometimes the information is not updated on the site to show what happens after it initially reaches customs.

Staying informed about what your options are is important so that you can make sure you're doing everything you can to meet the requirements of the protection you're seeking coverage by. PayPal wants to protect you. Proof of delivery is a huge part of how we can do that.

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Temp20240121k
Contributor
Contributor

And once again, Olivia, you and PayPal misses the point...   UPS, Fedex and every other shipping service does not ship to Turkey from the US (as they cannot track shipments), only the US Post Office offers shipping... we checked... And the US Post Office only provides a tracking number to Turkey, via the Customs Form number... not to the final destination... its just NOT available.   You are asking for what is simply just NOT available...  Therefore, if these are your requirements, then buyers should not be allowed by PayPal to buy from countries, where returns cannot be guaranteed in the manner PayPal prescribes (or at least be warned)..as there is no way to meet your requirements on returns... those requirements are NOT available...and therefore not have the false assurance of buyer's protection.  So the opportunity of manipulation festers on...  predatory buyers can go about their fruadulent business  and the PayPal rhetoric perpetuates... I think that pretty much sums it up...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.