What gives you the right without provication?

Clambakeman
Contributor
Contributor

I am shocked and appalled that I would receive an e-mail from PayPal stating that all future payments to my account will be placed in a "Pending" hold for 21 days. To my knowledge no one has ever complained about an item I sold on E-bay saying it was miss represented. In fact I have a pretty dam good record exchanging money both directions. I am beyond angry!!!  I am not a merchant, I am an unemployed American trying to sell a few things in my storage to help me pay my bills and give my family a chance at a real life during this interruption of work. I feel this is this is an attack on me personally and on my families well being. If you insist on this new policy I will pull all my item off of E-bay and cancel all my accounts with them and PayPal. Please respond ASAP I will not relist anything until I am sure this policy will be withdrawn.

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Your feedback is less that 100

Your last feedback was in Dec 2010 and was as a buyer

You have zero feedback as a seller.

You have just sold some eyeglasses for $170.00.

And the user agreement you read and agreed to give them the right to hold the funds up to 21 days.

Login to Me Too

Clambakeman
Contributor
Contributor

I never read anything about holding money 21 days. I have been an  active member of E-bay since Sept 2001. Have bought more then I have sold this is true but there are no complaints either way. I have been ripped of by people on E-bay and never received the things I have paid for. How dare you dismiss me with your kurt and discourteous comments. Just answer my question, Do you intent to stick with this policy? I will be happy to leave you and E-bay tonight!

Login to Me Too

I3ongwat3r
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

and paypal would be happy to see you leave!

They don't care about a few disgruntled customers, who mostly buy anyway and who complain insistently and demand things.....haha so funny you think you have any power to change paypal, keep up the fight!

Login to Me Too

Clambakeman
Contributor
Contributor

WoW "Bongwater" , impressive screen name stoner. I feel sorry for you. You have been one with the pipe and the sofa for so long you lack any ambition at all. You don't even think you can change the world just by talking. No that is truly lazy and pathetic. I will agree with you though. You should just lay down and take it. It seems to be what you do best.

Thanks for your... Input?

Login to Me Too

I3ongwat3r
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Clambakeman wrote:

I never read anything about holding money 21 days.

Must not have a good attention span or memory....what would cause such a thing haha.

Not to mention so much has been said on the 21 day policy that you are beating a dead horse.  There are solutions to be had, but for most its too much work, thats why they are selling in the first place....

10.4 Actions by PayPal - Holds.

• Risk-Based Holds. PayPal, in its sole discretion, may place a hold on any or all of the payments you receive when PayPal believes there may be a high level of risk associated with you, your Account, or any or all of your transactions. PayPal’s determination may be based on a number of different factors and PayPal may rely on information it receives from its third party partners such as eBay. If PayPal places a hold on a payment, the funds will appear in your “Pending Balance” and the payment status will show as “Completed - Funds not yet available”. If PayPal places a hold on any or all of the payments you receive PayPal will provide you with notice of our actions. PayPal will release the hold on any payment after 21 Days from the date the payment was received into your Account unless you receive a Dispute, Claim, Chargeback, or Reversal or PayPal has taken another action permitted under this Section 10. PayPal, in its sole discretion, may release the hold earlier under certain circumstances, for example PayPal may release the hold earlier if you have uploaded tracking information. If you receive a Dispute, Claim, Chargeback, or Reversal, PayPal may continue holding the payment in your Account until the matter is resolved pursuant to this Agreement.

So you never read the user agreement that you signed... 

Login to Me Too

michaelmm
Contributor
Contributor

I just got this same letter, and yes I read the agreement and it says if there has been problems or disputes. I have neither. I pay fast and I have never had a product I've sold returned, and I have 100% positive feedback. 

paypal is abusing its position and holding funds so it can profit from the interest compounded by thousands of people.

I for one will spend a few hours today finding a paypal replacement, there is no excuse to hold funds for 21 days on most people. It is particularly wrong against people like me who have no history at all of negative feedback, late payments, refunds or complaints of any kind.

This is stealing pure and simple, stealing for 21 days but its steal theft and abuse of power.

Login to Me Too

redpower
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@I3ongwat3r wrote:

@Clambakeman wrote:

I never read anything about holding money 21 days.

Must not have a good attention span or memory....what would cause such a thing haha.

Not to mention so much has been said on the 21 day policy that you are beating a dead horse.  There are solutions to be had, but for most its too much work, thats why they are selling in the first place....

10.4 Actions by PayPal - Holds.

• Risk-Based Holds. PayPal, in its sole discretion, may place a hold on any or all of the payments you receive when PayPal believes there may be a high level of risk associated with you, your Account, or any or all of your transactions. PayPal’s determination may be based on a number of different factors and PayPal may rely on information it receives from its third party partners such as eBay. If PayPal places a hold on a payment, the funds will appear in your “Pending Balance” and the payment status will show as “Completed - Funds not yet available”. If PayPal places a hold on any or all of the payments you receive PayPal will provide you with notice of our actions. PayPal will release the hold on any payment after 21 Days from the date the payment was received into your Account unless you receive a Dispute, Claim, Chargeback, or Reversal or PayPal has taken another action permitted under this Section 10. PayPal, in its sole discretion, may release the hold earlier under certain circumstances, for example PayPal may release the hold earlier if you have uploaded tracking information. If you receive a Dispute, Claim, Chargeback, or Reversal, PayPal may continue holding the payment in your Account until the matter is resolved pursuant to this Agreement.

So you never read the user agreement that you signed... 

^
^
^
^

BURN

Login to Me Too

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The whole situation stinks like old diapers.  Your not alone in your frustration, many are also in the same boat.  In my opinion, the idea had good merit and good intentions.  The problem is sellers felt betrayed and eBay is in the condition it's in because of it.  Where I used to jump on eBay almost daily to find "the deal I was looking for" I now hardly use the site since there are few, if any, auctions listed and typically amazon merchants beat eBay pricing.  I miss the old eBay too,

Login to Me Too

Mikers
New Community Member

The core of the issue in my opinion boils down to trust.  PayPal does trust the seller, by default.  Sellers are guilty until they prove themselves innocent.  It's honestly and truly a shame. Very disappointing to say the least.  PayPal realizes that buyers who know how, can manipulate the system, and there is nothing sellers can do about it.  So be careful and cross your fingers.  It's somewhat a luck of the draw if you will actually end of getting to keep your money or not.   If you sell enough on eBay, you will get taken to the cleaners by someone, so buckle in for the ride.  

In all situations, even when you have 100% feedback and a member in good standing for well over a decade, PayPal will take your money away, without warning or good cause, based solely on one single click of a button from any buyer. Please have no doubt about this.  Their polices have immediate financial implications to members who have done nothing wrong and violated no policy.  It probably should be illegal, but PayPal policies support this.  And we all agree to these policies by using PayPal.  It's not right, but this is the easiest and cheapest way for PayPal and the Credit Card companies to cover their behinds from a liability standpoint.   Just like everything these days, it's all about financial liability.  

I had over $160 taken from my account because an international buyer decided it was taking a tad too long to receive his package.  USPS Priority Mail International Service Levels are 6-10 business days.  On day 11, PayPal took my money.  Over $160. Without warning.  Without investigation if the package was in transit.  I woke up and my money was gone, and will stay that way until PayPal decides to return it.  I have no recourse, no access to those funds, and my account is now negative.  Any money coming in goes to PayPal and not me, until I get back to zero.  I cannot even print shipping labels for new sales.  It also means I will need provide proof that the international package was actually delivered in order to get my own money back.   So there is zero trust for me, the seller.  This smells of  big business.

As noted above, those be the rules.  Like it or not.  eBay and PayPal control this market, and will for some time to come. eBay and PayPal are big business players now. They will do as they please and all we can do is complain.  Which we need to continue to do. Complain loudly and consistently, until the policies change, just a little.  

Perhaps a little trust please PayPal.  I sure would feel better believing a business partner for over 12 years has just a little trust in me.  Please.  Thanks in advance.  From a loyal partner.

Here's a new marketing slogan eBay may want to try...

"eBay - No longer for you PEZ collectors"

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.