Scammed on Shipping - what do I do?

ghosty_kitty
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased $3.00 worth of items from a website not too long ago.  When I reached their checkout it said "0.00" in shipping. When I checked my paypal account it said I had been charged $18.00 for shipping!

Paypal says the transfer was instant so I can't cancel the payment. I opened a dispute and emailed the company.

I'm still waiting for a response. What can I do?? :[

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

signalhill

Dispute with your credit card company providing them with copies of your transaction, ensure that a min shipping charge is NOT posted in the online transaction. Ive seen the same thing with 00.00 for shiping and later there was a small charge, their reasoning is they cant compute the shipping costs until that actual shipping date, wrong.                                                  

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

signalhill

Dispute with your credit card company providing them with copies of your transaction, ensure that a min shipping charge is NOT posted in the online transaction. Ive seen the same thing with 00.00 for shiping and later there was a small charge, their reasoning is they cant compute the shipping costs until that actual shipping date, wrong.                                                  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.