Paypal Denies Sellers' Rights

micron
Contributor
Contributor

Here is my story (sorry if it is long):

On March 31st I shipped the package to the buyer, after he had paid, using USPS First Class International Mail. After a month, the buyer started a dispute saying that he had still not received the package. I had no proof for this case because USPS does not provide tracking for First Class International Mail, but even registered mail would have not been enough to win a Paypal case, so I lost the case.

I assumed that the package was lost in the mail, but long behold, after another months wait, I received the return package. The buyer had said that if I sent the package, he would gladly refund my $129.99 back. Another Paypal representative has also said that I could appeal at any time that I had proof. Knowing that I had no guaranteed of selling my item again. I sent the item again with USPS Express Mail which had tracking, making sure that I had the address and everything correct. Unfortunately, when I shipped the package, the case had already ended on June 4th. However remembering that I could appeal I any time, I appealed the case.

This is when the trouble began. The buyer responded to my emails saying that he has still not received his item, and soon enough, he stopped responding to the emails all together. I have written several emails and made several phone calls to Paypal because they kept denying my appeal. At first they said that they had no proof of postage, so I faxed that over to them. Then they said that it was past the dead line; however the Paypal appeals agent failed to understand that international shipping takes a very very long time, especially to Vietnam, so I told them that. Then another representative told me that the tracking number does not go to the buyer’s zip code, and thus they cannot refund my money back because of the lack of proof of delivery. However, international tracking number never goes all the way to a zip code because the respective country does not have a postal system like that. The story and reasons for the denial of refund keeps changing.

This means that any buyer at any time could easily state that they “have not received the package”, raise a dispute on Paypal, and win every single time. This sounds like to me a very easy way to scam the seller.

All of this frustrates me. I am currently out $129.99 (that I had paid off due to Paypal’s harassing phone calls), and a PSP. The buyer can easily lie and scam the seller on Paypal, because they hold the seller accountable to provide proof. This is the a huge flaw I see for scams.

UPDATE: Paypal still denies my appeals and does not refund my money because it is after the "timeline". As I have stated, the item did not return to me until after the deadline. Remember, they told me that I could appeal at any time. Smiley Indifferent

I have sent the FTC a complaint. What else could I do?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

straitsdiver

You might complain to the BBB. I see on one of the other threads that someone did that too.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19
Solved

straitsdiver

You might complain to the BBB. I see on one of the other threads that someone did that too.

Login to Me Too

bluntmanchronic
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Your absolutely right it is easy to scam sellers with paypal.  As a seller your are informed of these "risks" in the user agreement.  You want to get revenge, get even, or get your money/items back?  Start buying and scamming people....

Login to Me Too

micron
Contributor
Contributor

Scamming other people because I got scammed is unethical...

Now Paypal is holding my payments for 21 days from whatever I sell because I lack 100 feedbacks. -_-

I have 19 100% positive feedbacks. And I have a positive balance on Paypal.

What is this?

Login to Me Too

bluntmanchronic
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

21 day holds also in the user agreement...please refer to user agreement and come back with questions lol

Login to Me Too

tj10
Contributor
Contributor

i agree, we cannot make buyers leave feedback. They have the product, and may love the product, but not have time in their lives to fool with feedback. If I got the item I wanted, and loved it, why would I need to leave feedback.

Login to Me Too

starshinelove
Contributor
Contributor

I have provided all info that Canada Post has given to me, all in writing & stamping.I am just curious about policies!!  My Policy on my site, is to please give 6-8 weeks delivery time, due to 'anything' that may happen...Postal Service, Postal strikes, customs, border patrol...etc..I've been doing this long enough to know that these things do happen, so giving a good timeframe for receiving, is necessary. Plus, my products are completely handmade, from beginning to end...Hand dying fabrics, hand sewing the product, embroidery..etc..But Paypal seems to be on the customer's side, no matter what!!

Do us little guys not have rights to our own policies??  I am so tired of someone placing an order to Romania (for example), then placing a dispute against me if they hadn'y received it in 3 days!!

I have put out a ton of money just in shipping, to say good bye to my product as well.

Isn't Paypal able to offer protection for small business, or am I missing something?

I need to configure my account to support my own policy. Plese tell me how this is done!! Being in business so long, & seeminly number one in payment ease for customers (I use you all the time, to make very large purchases), you have made much money just from me, as a business owner trying to provide product to my customers.

Do you not offer that 'Client' protection? Because I need it to apply to my policy, for good reason!!Please help me with configuration, because I haven't gotten it yet. Your site offers so much, this must be an option. What is the very best way to accept payment, without being hurt in the end? What should I do to run a better business?

Please give me these tips, or any info that will help me, being a 'little guy'!!

Also, how do I make someone pay, who refuses, after they receive the products, which are of large cost (in many cases)?

Tips, tips, tips, & any helpful info that you can provide would be greatly appreciated!!Hope to hear from you ASAP!! Because dealing with Paypal, is actually hurting my business, & I'd be more than happy to move to another 'Payment' business in a heartbeat.

Shannon

Login to Me Too

I3ongwat3r
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
No your policies do not matter if they do not coincide with paypals policy, like state and federal law.

Tip. Do not ship outside the united states.

Tip. Do not use paypal if you do not expect to get **bleep**

Login to Me Too

kimberlyfujioka
Contributor
Contributor

I agree. I have a similar problem. My account is on hold because of one buyer who is lying. He filed a claim saying he never got his stuff. Lie!

Now I have to wait.

I want to talk to a live human being. How do you do that?

Login to Me Too

I3ongwat3r
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Click "Contact Us" click "Call Us" say "operator"

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.