Paypal states my problem that buyer gave them wrong shipping address!!

Timq
Contributor
Contributor

Buyer purchases $79.99 item from me via eBay. Pays with Paypal. I ship item out very same day. Buyer does not receive item and checks tracking. reads that the item is on it's way back to me, the seller. Customer starts a dispute that he did not receive item, then contacts me. tells me Paypal has the wrong address, please re-ship to and gives me a new address. I respond, I will gladly re-ship item if he first goes back to Paypal and changes the address OR I will refund his money less shipping, (not my fault so I thought).

Paypal calls me telling me there is a hold, (and as I check my account a fee reveral back to customer), on the money paid to me. OK, I can see that. I tell Paypal I will reship if they verify the address and customer pays the $12.00 shipping charges. She states he does not want to pay the shipping fees again, he paid them once. I state it is not my problem it is between the customer and Paypal. She states Paypal is not liable for false information given to them. I state so it's my fault/problem/expense because you two goofed? She said yes.

YET EBAY WON'T ALLOW PRIVATE PAY ANYMORE, SOUND LIKE A MONOPOLY TO ME.

Tim

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.