Help! possible counterfeits

caduncan
Contributor
Contributor

(Does this go in the Fraud section? I wasn't sure where to ask)

I don't know what to do here.

I bought a pair of what I believed to be genuine UGG boots from a website. Indeed, at the time I bought them, the website clearly stated that they were genuine. I checked out using paypal, and the money came partially out of my paypal funds, and partially out of my bank account.

However, my package has been detained by UK customs. I was informed by the shipping company that it was due to an investigation into whether or not the goods were counterfeit.

If the boots are found to be counterfeit by customs, they will likely be destroyed. I am trying to find out whether I can get written confirmation of its fraudulency from customs once the investigation is completed. Indeed, I still do not know whether these boots are truly genuine, or fakes.

I bought the items around 20 days ago.

My problem is that this investigation may take weeks, and I'm not sure at which stage I should take out a claim with PayPal, to attempt to get the sender to reimburse my money. I understand that I need to file the dispute within 30 days of the transaction, and escalate it within the next 20, if things come to that, but the investigation may last longer than that.

Just to confirm, I bought these, assuming they were the genuine article, I have not recieved the package, I do not know if they are counterfeit, Customs has detained them in the belief that they may be, and that the goods will likely be destroyed if the investigation proves they are fakes.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.