Item not recieved......seller not responding at all.

jason_31
Contributor
Contributor

I recently bought a used cell phone from a seller whose paypal status is non-US unverified. i made the payment in full and seller marked item as shipped the very next day of payment( 8th Dec). however he didn't provided any tracking info. nor did he mentioned the shipping provider. i asked him couple of times thru ebay but he never responded. now i have opened a claim against him on paypal. just want to know what if his account has nothing left to be hold. how is paypal going to resolve my claim in that scenario. any replies are welcome

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

temp010411
Contributor
Contributor

My very many recent and negative experiences with PayPal tell me to jump ship and dump PayPal. At one time they were  a protection device against fraudulent vendors but now I know why e-bay have taken over their own protection plans( I use the word protection loosely) because even e-bay aren't doing much to help the consumer!!

I'm dumping PayPal; they no longer serve any useful purpose. If you think about it all they do is charge a fee to the vendor for their service, hit you, the consumer with a lower than normal exchange rate, so, they are making money at both ends. My recent costly experience ($1000) has proven that I cannot talk to anyone at PayPal, they don't accept resposibility for anything, provide no insurance or assurance. Therefore what good are they? I feel that using your credit card isn't a lot better but it does cut out middlemen that just get in the way for the purposes of making an easy buck!!

This latest experience proves that they are willing to allow any unscrupulous vendor to use their service and are not the least bit interested in cutting off the rip off vendors. Its' all in the name of making themselves a buck. I don't want to go into a lot of detail simply because of the typing time but, as a result of my latest scam experience all PayPal did was tell me what other places I could go to get help; all of which turned out to be a joke.

PayPal can now kiss my **bleep** and other than using e-bay to find deals they are no better, trust me. I'm a retired professional pilot/engineer/ Canadian diplomat and I will spend the rest of my life fighting PayPal and E-bay to prove how useless they both really are!! I spend endless hours going on forums and government sites trying to cut out unscrupulous vendors and telling people about the uselessness of both PayPal and E-bay.

Best of luck with your problem.

Fred

Login to Me Too

temp010411
Contributor
Contributor

By the way Jason, PayPal is an E-Bay company; go figure!!

Fred

Login to Me Too

jason_31
Contributor
Contributor

Recieved E mail from paypal about an hour back :

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
favour.

You have indicated that a partial refund of 0 would be satisfactory.

If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed
to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the
seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account
privileges.
                                      This has left me worried. what if he doesn't have any balance in his account? what about ebay buyer protection? what about paypal guarentee? as far as my knowledge says guarantee means guarentee even if that means bearing the loss itself. ALSO i never indicated anything about refund.

Login to Me Too

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Jason,

Was no ebay representative able to talk you through filing the dispute on eBay?  From that response it looks as though you filed through PayPal which changes the rules a bit?

The zero amount is a glitch so don't worry about that.  Let us know if you are able to recover any amount.

Login to Me Too

jason_31
Contributor
Contributor

@bigkahuna i did went to resolution centre on ebay.ca and it automatically directed me towards Paypal page. I think ebay.ca transfers all disputes to paypal only. anyways when ebay owns paypal then what's the diffrence between them.

when you mentioned earlier that i am covered i was relaxed but now even you don't seems to be confident.

Have you ever came across to any such problem???

Login to Me Too
Solved

jason_31
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @all, recieved refund in my CC yesterday.Paypal ruled out in my favour. right decision made by them. cheers.........

Login to Me Too

boatwifeteri
Contributor
Contributor

well my situation is a little different.i paid a seller $10,000.00 to deliver our 57' vintage boat from california to florida.after all kinds of crazy delays,changing pick up dates,changing how it would be delivered(1st it was to be shipped on a freighter boat in a giant crate,then it changed to being shipped by truck)the seller informed me that the truck that was to pick up our boat broke down and,of course,he has no idea when it will be fixed.so we were upset because every day our boat sits at the marina in california its costing us money.$750.00 a month to be exact!then after 3 days of wondering about the truck and the seller dodging our calls,texts,and emails,we get a text saying that he has been put out of business completely and no longer has the authority or licenses to deliver any freight which of course includes our boat.he was fined by the federal govt for one of his trucks being robbed that was carrying federal currency and all kinds of crazy violations on weight and height being over on his boat deliveries.then the real kicker happened.of course i was literally BEGGING for our money back because we do not have another darn $10,000.00 just laying around.that is all the money in the world that we have and it was taken off a credit card through paypalwe have lost our home,need to vacate asap,and this boat was to be our new home,so it needs to get to florida like yesterday!so after trying to contact him for a refund we get a text saying that he will talk to his accountant and give us a refund and to STOP CALLING OR EMAILING HIM BECAUSE HE HAS HIS OWN TROUBLES TO WORRY ABOUT!are you kidding me?!he has $10,000.00 OF OUR MONEY AND WE ARE BUGGING HIM!so i filed a claim with paypal OBVIOUSLY THINKING IM PROTECTED AGAINST THIS EXACT TYPE OF THING.then the next day i get a RESPONSE to a number of emails i sent him that is from his sister.she wrote that unfortunately the seller,her brother,has tried to commit suicide,is in the hospital in a coma,and she is trying to respond to his customers.she said that paypal sent her a message saying they are deducting funds from his paypal acct and holding them until this is resolved.she said that it looks like you will get your money back from paypal so dont email him anymore!what the heck?i emailed back saying please please please call or email paypal and say that he PLANNED on refunding my money so that i dont have to wait ANOTHER 30 DAYS,and spend ANOTHER $750.00 on marina fees, please, for gods sake!at this point,just because we MET AND HIRED THIS GUY,my husband and i are in debt 2 months of marina fees-$1,500.00-the cash we sent him-$1,480.00-and $8,520.00 on our credit card!so my question is WHAT NOW?he obviously cant respond to paypal being in a coma,i have the texts and emails he sent but how do i get the texts to be read from the paypal people as proof?can anyone shed some light on this ridiculously horrible situation?please help!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.