Item not recieved......seller not responding at all.

jason_31
Contributor
Contributor

I recently bought a used cell phone from a seller whose paypal status is non-US unverified. i made the payment in full and seller marked item as shipped the very next day of payment( 8th Dec). however he didn't provided any tracking info. nor did he mentioned the shipping provider. i asked him couple of times thru ebay but he never responded. now i have opened a claim against him on paypal. just want to know what if his account has nothing left to be hold. how is paypal going to resolve my claim in that scenario. any replies are welcome

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

jason_31
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @all, recieved refund in my CC yesterday.Paypal ruled out in my favour. right decision made by them. cheers.........

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

temp010411
Contributor
Contributor

I have had the same  type of problem  and it seems to me that PayPal is as crooked as the vendors are. No help from PayPal nor the vendor and i"ve got a $1000 on the line. My opinion; get rid of PayPal. They are only another party to mess up a problem and so why use them?? Use your credit card and let PayPal lose out on undeserved commissions!!

Login to Me Too

Lucky7_Deals
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal actually has various policies in place to prevent crooks from running their scams on ebay. Not only is there the 21-day earnings hold policy for new sellers, but they also have other restrictions on their accounts, which are eventually lifted as the seller provides more info. to PayPal to confirm/verify their identity and establish their reputation with successful transactions on ebay and PayPal.

But if you were to really analyze the current set-up, one can easily determine that it's crooked buyers, as well as dumb@s* id!otic impatient buyers who are at an advantage here. For instance, I had a Canadian buyer order an item from me just 10 days before Christmas. I'm a U.S. seller, and under normal circumstances this may be enough time to get the item delivered to Canada in time for the 25th. However, since there were massive blizzards preventing the progress/delivery of mail all over the North American east coast, combined with the fact that it was the peak time for mail during the holiday rush, the item wasn't getting there. I swear to God, on the 22nd, just 7 days (5 business days) after the item was purchased, this id!ot buyer files an Item Not Received (INR) dispute and escalates it to a claim on the very next day! I sent him several messages both through ebay, and at the PayPal Resolution Center where the claim was filed. I also e-mailed him a scanned copy of the postal receipt and the date-stamped stub from the customs form to prove that I shipped it the very next day after he bought/paid the item! I was certain that this guy was trying to scam me... and if not for some of the common sense policies that PayPal has in place, he could've easily gottten away with it too. As it turned out, the buyer was a completely narcissistic as*hole who was hoping to take advantage of the fact that since I (and most other sellers) don't usually include tracking for international shipments (it would've been 5 times as expensive to do so), he could get the item for free and take his money back by filing a FALSE claim at PayPal. Luckily for me, I remembered that sometimes shipments to Canada from the U.S. can be tracked by entering the customs form number at the Canada Post website (as opposed to the USPS website whose shipping service I used to send the item). I did just that, and viola... it was showing that the item did arrive on the 24th! It was now the 27th... the seller had received the item 3 days prior, but was still pretending that he didn't. So I then informed the seller that I was able to track it using the customs form # at the Canada Post site, and I also forwarded this info. to PayPal. Realizing that he has been caught in his scam, the buyer then quickly changes his claim from INR (Item Not Received) to SNaD (Significantly Not as Described). He now says that the item arrived damaged and that he wanted at least a partial refund for it. I was so upset, I wanted to travel up to Canada myself, and kick this guy's as*! I threatened to report him to the police for what he was trying to do, and after further negotiations was able to convince him to take a much smaller partial refund amount in order to get the case closed. But do you guys see now, how easily a sc*mbag crooked buyer can use PayPal's current policies to take advanatge of sellers?! And all this time, I had no access to that money because PayPal immediately places the funds associated with any given dispute/claim on hold as soon as the buyer opens a dispute. Even if you get full tracking service and prove to PayPal that an item the buyer said they didn't has been delivered, your money is still on hold, until PayPal can finally spare someone to take a good look at the case and dismiss it. It is absolutely ridiculous that bad crooked buyers can get away with bloody murder, and leave you negative feedback while doing it, whereas you can't even say anything about their actions to warn other ebayers!

Login to Me Too

mmylonas52
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I empathized with your Canadian problem because I had a similar situation with a Canadian buyer just before Christmas: She acused me that the item was "counterfeit"!!! although I knew first hand that I had bought the designer bag from the real dsigner sourse.  She managed to blemish my reputation although I refunded her the money to just get away from this crooked buyer.  NOW, Ebay has given me "trademark violation" status and I'm not allowed to post my other designed hand bag items. I am restricted for 7 days.  This is not good because I am a new seller and I want to establish the best reputation.  I FEEL HELPLESS because Ebay took the buyer's word and never bothered to listen to my side of the story.

Login to Me Too

NZDWKCHAN
Contributor
Contributor

I made a purchase on 12th Sept 2010.  The seller still has not shipped the item .  Every time I telephoned, he gave me excuses , or saying that it's on the way.   By the time, I finally make a claim, 45 days has already gone pass !  And Paypal website would not accept this claim.   And finally I have to contact my own credit card company to solve this problem.     Why can Paypal extend its non-delivery claim period to 180 days or even longer ?  I am talking about a non-delivery situation !

Login to Me Too

fornik
Contributor
Contributor

same here and paypal just closed it.

I have four (4) items that's not shipped an PP closed it.

So, am out of money and next time **bleep** PP and use my card through PP so they won't get the %

There is NO ONE to help in PP and their messages is cryptic.

Thanks PP

Login to Me Too

jason_31
Contributor
Contributor

I agree. when paypal has access to both ebay messages and resolution centre posts they can at once know that seller is fraudulant in his activities like not providing tracking number or not responding to communications but then too they will still provide him with ample time to just relax and use my money. instead for cases like mine they should provide fast track resolution. my question is what if the guy has already emptied his account??

Login to Me Too

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Jason,

Because your purchase was on eBay you have literally nothing to worry about.  Even if the seller had no funds to make the refund you would still be repaid by eBay Inc.  I went through a similar situation 2 months ago and must say it was pretty painless.  Now if I had purchased the item not on eBay I doubt it would have been a happy outcome.

Login to Me Too

jason_31
Contributor
Contributor

@bigkahuna97

thanks for your reply. feel kind of relief. will post the outcome.

Login to Me Too

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Jason,

No problem buddy.  Because this is an INR claim it will more than likely take 7-14 days for the outcome.  I would typically say 21 days but in this situation where there is no response it can often go a bit smoother.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.