How long must I wait for Paypal to resolve a dispute?

d-ttrain
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item on EBay, shipped it using USPS though my ad stated I would ship UPS. My buyer went ballistic, filed a claim with Paypal to hold the funds. I responded with the tracking number. The package was delivered last friday and when I review the open dispute it still says "paypal is reviewing". So I assume eventually Paypal will get off their **bleep** and see that it's been a week since I provided them with the proof of delivery and that they need to resolve this dispute once and for all. My question is, after I have posted 3 notes over the past week to be sent to Paypal to help them resolve the dispute I am not getting any sign that there is life at Paypal and that they are doing a **bleep** thing except holding my money and letting my buyer keep his item for free. We're talking $200 here and I need the money. How can I get Paypal's attention to let them know they need to do something to resolve this??

So much for Paypal's seller protection.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Login to Me Too
112 REPLIES 112

manos308

Mine is a sad story. So if you'd like to read the truth about this type of company keep going otherwise...you might as well stop.

We sell medical equipment and back in February we got a purchase for $7104.

The sale and approval of this merchandise was all
made via emails, which we kept and have copies.

Five days after the sale, we received an email from a woman saying
that someone used her credit card to fraudulently purchase items from
our company. We contacted PayPal immediately and after a one hour wait, we
were told that this case would be investigated and PayPal would contact
us and the person involved to ask us in depth about this problem...Needless to say, that has not happened until today.

We emailed the "customer" that had purchased the equipment and never got an answer from him again.

We contacted FedEx immediately to stop the shipping and delivery of the
merchandise but FedEx was unable to help us. The merchandise was
delivered to the "customer" on time.

Yes...it was Fraud....we sold it to someone who wasn't the rightful owner of a credit card that was approved by Paypal's Virtual Terminal and we shipped the equipment and lost it all!!

I understand that if this transaction was unauthorized, the last person
to be blamed is the rightful owner of this card. The money has to be
returned to her. However, I expect PayPal to give me support and help me recover from
this unfortunate situation. We have been a loyal customer of PayPal for
years and have paid a lot in fees without asking for help once. All
charges were approved by the Virtual Terminal at PayPal and they were
approved by the credit card company. I think it is completely
unacceptable that only we have to be held responsible for these charges.

It's been three months and Paypal just resolved against us...but wait....we do not have to pay $7104. Nope....we also have to pay for fees....for all the help we got!!! That's right...we have to pay $7184.

Worst part of the story.....we have no choice but to keep using this same company. Paypal collects from us, charges ud extra fees, give to the credit card company and they return the money to the owner of the credit card....who loses? That's right, only the small business does. Not Paypal, not the credit card company. They don't even bother trying to find the

Conclusion: PayPal has the Virtual Terminal ONLY as a means to
make easy money without any responsibilities.

Login to Me Too

ComfyLivingUK
New Community Member

So it's up to 45 days once funds are on hold?

New eBay buyer had recently changed her card details, not a fraudulent transaction, we want to send her the goods but Paypal have not responded to the case.

Telephone number does not work in the UK

Account Manager:**removing contact name**
**removing number**<<<< what kind of telephone number is this??

If anyone can help please do get in touch via our website

Login to Me Too

fathom
New Community Member

PayPal, to me, has been LESS than helpful. My client paid a website development start fee several days ago and then went to pay another invoice after we had a reached a milestone on the programming. First payment went through without a hitch... PayPal stopped and held the second payment because they thought "something was up".

Given that my client had already paid on a PayPal generated invoice, it does not make sense that they would stop the second payment. Further, they kept telling my that the buyer had to do something for the payment to go through. However, each time I logged into my account, it was telling me that I had to do something. Finally, when I went to the resolution center, it said the case was closed.

Does anyone know what is going on?? NOPE. I have had it and I am moving on.

Login to Me Too

Frustrated208
Contributor
Contributor

I had sort of a similar issue; they could be waiting for the buyer to reply before they resolve the issue.  Mine was resolved after a week, however, I had been double charged with was not my fault which resulted in overdrafting my account.  PayPal refuses to pay the overdraft charges even though it was their fault. 

Best of luck!

Login to Me Too

SidecarFlip
Contributor
Contributor

Some horror stories here for sure.

In hundreds of transactions worth 10's of thousands of dollars, I've only had one problem and that was resolved in less than 30 days.

Either I'm very lucky, have good documentation or know my customers or all the latter, but I'll knock on wood and keep my fingers crossed.....

Login to Me Too

Markfcheney
New Community Member

Thank you for an excelent detailed comment. 

Mark fcheney

Login to Me Too

dcb2011

sue them for the charges and add the attorney and court fees on to it they will settle out of court to save money they know they can't win suits over this crap

Login to Me Too

truegrit
Contributor
Contributor

Does Papal have it's policy written in invisible ink?Seems to me that they don't follow their own! If neither the buyer or seller are disputing the transaction,why do they flag and put on hold whole account? I have sent every email,detail they asked for,talked with agents everyday since,each time different answer as to time and reason. So not only have they taken my use of my account,but have also taken my way of making a living from my sales on Ebay. When every cent is on hold,how can I ship if I make a sale. From what I'm looking at,a lot of the smaller(top seller) accounts are not posting new items,most are even closing accounts. Does Ebay have a death wish,do they even know or care that sellers are taking their business to the competitors? Can I get an answer on how to get off a hold by PP that is already past the 30 days?HELP

Login to Me Too

jackikay
New Community Member

I had been trying to contact PayPal since yesterday morning but still no reply. My account was hacked the other night. My primary email and password were changed, my bank account was removed, and unauthorized purchases were made to MyPowderBlue.com under my account. However, I was only able to find out about this yesterday morning.

I was able to retrieve my account yesterday morning and I filed unauthorized transaction claims for the 3 transactions. Then I changed my username and security questions. However, last night, I received emails informing me that the cases I filed have been closed because I cancelled the claims. However, I did not authorize cancellation of the claims. I cannot re-open the cases and transaction status is "completed." I contacted MyPowderBlue.com and manager emailed me back informing me that their account was also hacked. They reported the case to PayPal but never received a reply. This morning I received another payment request for $50 from daren saban. I was able to cancel the request because I was able to log into my account before transaction was completed.

Then again this morning, while I was monitoring my account, hacker tried to link my bank account so he/she can withdraw funds directly from my bank. I recently removed this account but since he/she knows my bank account details already, he/she has been trying to link it back. He/she was also able to link an online store to my account via API Credentials Request.

I had been trying to contact PayPal via email and through "contact us" section on their website but I'm not receiving any responses. I have made more than 10 attempts since yesterday morning. How can I get through to them? Please help!

Login to Me Too

truegrit
Contributor
Contributor

I got an email saying that this was a response to my question on how long to wait for account on hold have read and researched to the point of throwing up my hands! Not only do they not follow their own policy,but a dispute over charges from being hacked,according to policy!AGAIN!! And you have proof,paypal will not have your back. I sent in all the contact between my buyer and myself,he was not disputing it it was an internal thing by paypal. after I posted that ? Last night ,this morning the dispute was resolved,in buyers favor. So now I have to get him to re send,like that will happen since he has $1400.00 back in his account and my items that I sold him. There is a really BIG problem going on at these company's(eBay,paypal)Thanks for the information about them trying to take funds out of your bank account,I will check mine now and put my bank on notice,I have been a client of paypal for 10 years with no problems until this past month. I will now be closing out and going to another service.Good luck.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.