How long must I wait for Paypal to resolve a dispute?

d-ttrain
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item on EBay, shipped it using USPS though my ad stated I would ship UPS. My buyer went ballistic, filed a claim with Paypal to hold the funds. I responded with the tracking number. The package was delivered last friday and when I review the open dispute it still says "paypal is reviewing". So I assume eventually Paypal will get off their **bleep** and see that it's been a week since I provided them with the proof of delivery and that they need to resolve this dispute once and for all. My question is, after I have posted 3 notes over the past week to be sent to Paypal to help them resolve the dispute I am not getting any sign that there is life at Paypal and that they are doing a **bleep** thing except holding my money and letting my buyer keep his item for free. We're talking $200 here and I need the money. How can I get Paypal's attention to let them know they need to do something to resolve this??

So much for Paypal's seller protection.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Login to Me Too
112 REPLIES 112

d-ttrain
Contributor
Contributor

Well I hope this info is encouraging to some of you. I gotta say after reading some of these threads last night I was pretty certain I was gonna get **bleep**ed out of my money (or at a minimum have to wait 2 more weeks to get it released). This morning I got right through to a representative in less than 5 minutes (and she was in Nebraska, not some foreign country), she pulled up my open claim and, since I had proof of delivery, and it had been another 3 days since it was delivered ( I guess to wait for any negative feedback or notification from the buyer that it was being returned ) they immediately made the funds available to me.

Paypal is now back on my good side. Thanks Paypal!!

Login to Me Too

northernlights
Contributor
Contributor

Nice to read some positive outcome stories on here!      Nice way to start your weekend!  ~  Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

estyesty
Contributor
Contributor

Not all resolutions made by PayPal are fair. And just a warning.......I'm not so sure about their Seller Protection Policy.

Buyer protection policy yes........also I guess No Refund on your ad doesn't mean a thing.........a case was brought on me and never did they contact ME for anything....just the buyer who made it into a case then escalated it.  that's ok......

But everything that was reported from the buyer to PayPal was totally untrue.   Never did they contact me...I am not so sure that I will sell again......Thanks Esty

Login to Me Too

DaveDLM

Lots of outcomes are positive...paypal makes money on the interest from your money "reversal/hold etc" then refunds in time...do this times the number of accounts every sdo often and guess what...paypal will make a big income on interest earning along and only lose a small percent of sellers.

A risk assentment of the process can come up with a earning to loss ration and it does look good...6 sigma at its best

Login to Me Too

SistaJewels
Contributor
Contributor

The rule is, unfortunately, is that they can hold funds for up to 30 days, according to the circumstances and when they can review it for you.

Login to Me Too

dollshed
Contributor
Contributor

why do some buyer have two different  names? pays with one name ships to another. two different addresses but all arrive at the same place. This is wrong

Login to Me Too

gnosy
Contributor
Contributor

hello,i can not speak for the 2 diferent adresses but i can explain the names,i personally and others i imagine,have a buisness name ,a social networking profile name and or a legal banking and id legal name that i use for all legal transactions,it may be that costumers are ordering in buisness name but in banking info credit card or paypal adress ect it shows real name or legal id,i dont have answer for difernt adresses,except once again a buisness adress and a home adress may be reasonable answer,also,any time you are concerened,do not send product,pay pal will let you know if adress is confirmed ,also just email costomer and ask to confirm adress or see if someone answere ,even refuse to sell,worse case scenerio,peace

Login to Me Too

alanschuh
New Community Member

Paypal resolved my dispute as a seller in my favor in 3 days, during this holiday period, I'm amazed. The buyer filed a SNAD claim against me and Paypal decided that the item was exactly as described. It's BS that Paypal always sides with the buyer.

One other word of advice, withdraw all payments as soon as they are received, that way there can be no holds on any of your money.

Happy New Year to all!

Login to Me Too

Lucky7_Deals
Contributor
Contributor

To alanschuh,

While it's true that PayPal doesn't always side with the buyer, a buyer would have to be pretty stupid to file a SNAD (significantly not as described) dispute/claim and actually say or check off statements that indicate the item is not infact SNAD! In other words, the majority of the buyers who file SNAD claims will got out of their way to bend the truth so that PayPal has no choice but to side with them and order a return for full refund, or partial refund for closure resolution, either of which is a win for the buyer. Also, it does no good to withdraw ALL of your money from your PP account right away, as a dispute/claim filed against you will then just result in a negative balance in your PP account, which can then cause further restrictions for your account. And new incoming payments will then be applied to the negative balance to get your PP account back up to at least zero again. So practically speaking, withdrawing funds as soon as they become available won't really help fend off disputes/claims filed against you.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.