How long must I wait for Paypal to resolve a dispute?

d-ttrain
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item on EBay, shipped it using USPS though my ad stated I would ship UPS. My buyer went ballistic, filed a claim with Paypal to hold the funds. I responded with the tracking number. The package was delivered last friday and when I review the open dispute it still says "paypal is reviewing". So I assume eventually Paypal will get off their **bleep** and see that it's been a week since I provided them with the proof of delivery and that they need to resolve this dispute once and for all. My question is, after I have posted 3 notes over the past week to be sent to Paypal to help them resolve the dispute I am not getting any sign that there is life at Paypal and that they are doing a **bleep** thing except holding my money and letting my buyer keep his item for free. We're talking $200 here and I need the money. How can I get Paypal's attention to let them know they need to do something to resolve this??

So much for Paypal's seller protection.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Login to Me Too
112 REPLIES 112

d-ttrain
Contributor
Contributor

mws,

When you figure out what the **bleep** you talking about, come back and let us know, OK? Smiley Mad

Of course we have the money in our Paypal account BEFORE we ship, but Paypal can put a hold on those funds AFTER you've shipped the item, waiting for positive feedback from your buyer.

Login to Me Too

doctorjimbo
Contributor
Contributor

And what if the buyer is perfectly satisfied with his purchase but doesn't want to send feedback?

Login to Me Too

d-ttrain
Contributor
Contributor

doctorjimbo,

If you read through my scenario you will see that the seller still would get paid. In fact the buyer left me negative feedback, but I had his money released to me 2 weeks earlier. All that matters is that you can provide proof of delivery. After the item is delivered the buyer has 3 days to notify Paypal that he is not happy with the purchase and wants to return it. If he doesn't then Paypal assumes he is happy with his purchase and releases the funds to the seller. You may have to call them though like I did.

Login to Me Too

metacognition

Well, I waited ninety days for them to resolve an open case in my favor - and the company still didn't refund my purchase price.

Pretty much the disputes are hoops so the company doesn't have to pay or resolve them.

Paypal is becomming so unscrupulous these days; it is really quite shameful to buyers and sellers alike.

Login to Me Too

tam
Contributor
Contributor

OMG i'm having the same situation do you think possibly.....the buyers are aware of this and do it knowing full well they will get to keep their product and not have to pay for it? I'm new to all this so maybe they just found a loophole

Login to Me Too

d-ttrain
Contributor
Contributor

tam,

Don't be ridiculous, of course they can't keep your item without paying for it!

Just make sure you have PROOF OF DELIVERY. The worst that will happen is that Paypal can hold your money for 21 days AFTER the product was delivered to make sure the buyer didn't send it back to you or they don't leave negative feedback or notify Paypal that they are returning the product for a refund. If none of that happens then Paypal MUST RELEASE the funds to you. Of course calling them always helps. Just make sure you communicate with your buyer and keep copies of all correspondence.

Plus, keep in mind that all of this doesn't matter UNLESS your buyer asks for BUYER PROTECTION. I've sold 2 more items on eBay after the item I started this thread about and I got the money in my Paypal account, AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY, within an hour of each auction ending. So it's not like every time you sell something on eBay you are going to have a hassle. Good luck and hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

bubba1975
Contributor
Contributor

you never know the people your dealing with though they could be honest but maybe not .the person that you sold an item to could have second thought about the item after they get it then return it and you get bad feedback and you have to pay for the shipping. but you never know the situation .....my son sometimes uses my acct. to order games for his xbox ,but he dont know anything about leaving feedback so il go back and leave the feedback .but you never know if someones husband or wife buys something on the spouse acct. and the other doesnt go on ebay all that much so you end up not getting feedback or they just might be new to ebay and only buy 1 or 2 things so they dont care about feedback

Login to Me Too

d-ttrain
Contributor
Contributor

Bubba,

Well then it's a good thing Paypal cant refuse to pay you simply based on feedback. Like I said, I got negative feedback (because my buyer was being a whining a-hole), but the guy kept the item so I got paid regardless of the feedback.

Login to Me Too

bubba1975
Contributor
Contributor

I GUESS IM JUST SO **bleep** OFF THAT THEY ARE HOLDING MY MONEY , IT'S GOING ON 3 WEEKS . IT'S JUST A SHAME THE BUYER DIDN'T LEAVE ANY FEEDBACK THOUGH

Login to Me Too

RSALVAREZ
New Community Member

PAYPAL hold the transaction money the first day of the dispute was placed in favor of the buyer,the item was resheduled by ups an delivered and signed ( i use delivery confirmation) but paypal still have the founds so i dont know how long this take or as usual the buyer allways win?

paypal hold the founds and ebay ask for the same refound to the buyer, the buyer get the item and never say nothing to ebay and paypal then i lost the item and need to pay for it.

how long, will depend on who review the case

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.