How long must I wait for Paypal to resolve a dispute?

d-ttrain
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item on EBay, shipped it using USPS though my ad stated I would ship UPS. My buyer went ballistic, filed a claim with Paypal to hold the funds. I responded with the tracking number. The package was delivered last friday and when I review the open dispute it still says "paypal is reviewing". So I assume eventually Paypal will get off their **bleep** and see that it's been a week since I provided them with the proof of delivery and that they need to resolve this dispute once and for all. My question is, after I have posted 3 notes over the past week to be sent to Paypal to help them resolve the dispute I am not getting any sign that there is life at Paypal and that they are doing a **bleep** thing except holding my money and letting my buyer keep his item for free. We're talking $200 here and I need the money. How can I get Paypal's attention to let them know they need to do something to resolve this??

So much for Paypal's seller protection.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Login to Me Too
112 REPLIES 112

SmarterNow
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal's buyer and seller's protection plans are phoney advertising ploys.  They are worthless.  One of my shipments was so badly abused by the post office that the post office tried not to deliver it.   The buyer had to actually go the post officed with the order and demand the package.  In this case, both the buyer and I agreed that the item was broken because of the gorillas at the post office.

We both asked Paypal and Ebay to help with their protection plans but----as you guessed it---they do not actually cover anything.  THERE IS NO PROTECTION.  THIS IS JUST A MARKETING WORD THEY USE TO **bleep** YOU IN TO FEELING SAFE.

The dispute resolutin is actually frigthtening because you have to give away all rigthts to communicate or legally follow up with the opposing buyer or seller.  Paypal and Ebay simply assign blame to either individual as they see fit and then **bleep** the money out of their bank accounts.  The decision is probably actually made by a computer with programmed agorythims.

DO NOT BOTHER WITH DISPUTE RESOLUTION.   Even if the problem is not your fault, Paypal and Ebay are both geared to please buyers --they don't care about the sellers.  Please check other blogs for confirmation. 

I am now selling only on Etsy.com which is a great website with lots of great buyers.   Etsy doesn't pretend to offer protections that do not exist.

Don't be a sucker --- use Ebay and Paypal as little as you can.  Offer to accept checks or cashier's checks and then wait until they clear. 

Login to Me Too

SmarterNow
Contributor
Contributor

As you guessed it, there is no real seller protection.  This is just a marketing ploy used by Paypal to sucker people into feeling safe. Once you agree to a paypal resolution, you give up your legal rights and get stuck with whatever decision their computers spit out.  They then rip funds right out of your bank to pay off the buyers.

Don't ever go into dispute resolution.  Remember, Paypal and Ebay are big interconnected corporations created to attract buyers.  They have no concern about the sellers. In this economy, they know people are trying to make money any way they can so they are really taking advantage of poor sellers even more. Please google up other blogs on this.

My advice is to use other auction sites such as Etsy.com which does not pretend to have protection plans.

Login to Me Too

Jalala
I will say NEVER!!! They have yet to respond to me! I have worked for Citigroup, Bank of America and American General never have I ever treated anyone like this! If a customer of mine had a problem it was fixed that day or within the hour. Now I know people don't like some of those companies I have worked for. PREDATORY LENDERS is what comes to mind when I hear PayPal. They have also taken advantage of my 70 yr old parents. That is PURE UGLINESS in itself! I am hoping our investigative reporter for channel 5 news and Dave Ramsey my neighbor will have some ideas. Good Luck
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.