somehow wrong shipping address on purchases from 1 company

trinisonz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, this is the first time I'm on here so please bear with me.... I'm having trouble as quite a large purchase I made did not arrive and correspondence with the seller was not going well at all so I opened a case ....now the seller is showing me an address to verify but it is wrong, they say it is the address I gave PayPal....this is not so......it is similar to my shipping address on my PayPal account but it has Trinidad and Tobago added on at the end ....I never changed my address and I use PayPal for other purchases (mainly on ebay) all the time and never have a problem...... I don't understand how this has happened ....but I am not at fault........at this point I would just like a refund....what do I do? how do I rectify and get my money back..... Please help!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@trinisonz

Escalate the dispute to a claim for Paypal to sort for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

trinisonz
Contributor
Contributor

Will do! Thanks!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @trinisonz,

I'm sorry to hear that there is a mix-up with your address. I think I see the problem. I'm looking at the settings of your forum profile where you display the country that your account is registered in, and it shows Trinidad & Tobago. When you set up your account, you must have accidentally selected that country as the country in which to register the account. Your shipping address would then have that country as part of it, and any seller that ships to you would use that address in order to qualify for seller protection for the transaction. The seller is not at fault for using that address.

If you do not actually reside there, you will need to open a new PayPal account using the correct country, and then close the existing account once all of the current transactions and/or disputes are rectified. You'll need to use a different email address for the new account, but once the old account is closed, you'll be able to add the old address on the new account.

I hope this helps shed light on the situation!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.