scammer under the name SHENZHEN SOWEWAY INTERNATIONAL LOGISTICS CO.,LIMITED

sophieKASPwrigh
Contributor
Contributor

This name has scammed many people, how do they achieve getting their money back?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sophieKASPwrigh 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
72 REPLIES 72
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sophieKASPwrigh 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Alfredo521
Contributor
Contributor
È un truffatoreI received the package, but it is not what I paid, insertion says: Mini circular saw with 3 blades, therefore either send the mini circular or block the payment, I await an answer
Login to Me Too

Drewtar34
Contributor
Contributor

Went through the complete dispute process and this scamming seller issued a notice to PayPal that the package was delivered yet I received no package. However, this was sufficient enough for PayPal to close my dispute even though I insisted I never received the package. I have now escalated my dispute outside of PayPal to my financial institute that issued the monies for the bogus item. I have also opened a BBB ticket with the bogus sellers company name. And also reported them to the FBI fraud division. Not sure what any of that will do, but I just wanted to be thorough. I have also filed a grievance with PayPal that although there is this long thread about this company on their community board, they should have been more aware of this companies questionable business practices and should be more likely to side with long term members such as myself(20+ years with no incidents both selling and buying goods). 

Login to Me Too

cdrollinitis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Drew, Here are 2 other names that the company that scammed you uses. Perhaps you can add them to your complaints. Dongguan Shunfa Logistics TSL Co. LTD They are ALL the same company. They just rotate the names. If you read all the complaints about these other two, you'll be very, very suspicious of PayPal's responses. They have been aware of these companies since at least October 2019.
Login to Me Too

Kmcbrennan
Contributor
Contributor
After several months of trying, PayPal told me to make a report at ic3.gov ( USA) , go ahead and make a complaint, save a copy of the page ( print to pdf) and save a copy, and send it to PayPal, I got a refund in 24 hours after doing so
Login to Me Too

cdrollinitis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I am glad you are getting a refund. People need to report the scam to... <removed> and include PayPal in the report. They are scamming people too.

Login to Me Too

bmuchler
Contributor
Contributor

I had filed a dispute against this company in July.  I had ordered a 15 x 48 above ground pool.  I was never given a tracking number and never received it.  The company, through PayPal dispute, refunded 100% of what I paid.   I was very happy to get my money back.  Dispute has been closed.  

A week after my refund, I was sent a 15 x 30 above ground pool.  I contacted customer service asking for a postage paid return label.  I explained this was sent in error and I'd like to send it back to them.   FedEx won't ship with a return label and when I had it weighed, was told it would cost about $700.  (I paid $559.54 for the 15 x 48 size pool).   I refuse to pay $700 since this was their error.  This smaller pool should never have been sent to me.   

Numerous e-mails have gone back and forth with their customer service.  At first they offered my 20% refund if I kept the pool.  I again explained the situation and asked to escalate to a supervisor.    Today I got an e-mail saying they will refund 40% if I keep the pool.  If I don't agree to this then I have to pay to have it sent back.  I tried to add more to my dispute, but since it was closed I wasn't able to.   I'm not able to open another dispute.   I have no idea where to go with this.

Login to Me Too

cdrollinitis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
I don't understand your problem. You got a refund correct? Then you FINALLY got a pool, but not the one you ordered. What are you out? Sell it on Craigslist
Login to Me Too

bmuchler
Contributor
Contributor

I'm just afraid they'll eventually ask for it back.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.