scam and fees for nothing ?

Temp20220422af
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

i just put a Gamekey on Ebay and sold it with Paypal. since it was the 4th time i put up the key on ebay and because it was bought 3 times before with hacked paypal accounts i always had to create another auction. at that point i saw another one buying my Gamekey(digital) and since i was afraid it could be another hacker, and since he had a weird language ( i am german and he wrote bad german) i wondered because the name of the paypal account was original german name. so i looked for the name in the internet found the guy and called him, he was an older guy age 60 ors omething and asked him if he it was his ebay name and his paypal account, he said yes but that he didnt buy anything. so basically i helped him and he contacted ebay/paypal to get his account back. i didn't send the key and nothing happend. THEN, i tried to log into my paypal and there was a message of "conflict" and that i should send the money back because of an unauthorized buy. so i clicked and send the guy his 44,99€ back, i logged off and thought ok everything is fine. then i wanted to buy something with paypal and it didn't work. i logged into my account and saw that my account balance was negative. then ofc i wondered why do i have to pay for fees if someone else hacked an account and bought something with it unauthorized and i help him and send him his money back and should still pay the fees for paypal ? so i contacted paypal and they didn't answer for 2 days, and then just send standard answers like " it was ruled in the name of the buyer" and the second time "you balance is negative please send money to us it will be balanced out". i tried to tell them that no transaction was made but they just closed the discussion and didn't answer again. i can't call them cause every time i call there i have to sit in queue for 1hr + and i don't have time for that so i give up. this is truly unbelievable, for me this is scam. hackers all over the place trying to steal my digital products and then i help the guy to get his account back, ofc send him his money back because paypal told me to do so because of the conflict and then they limit my account and i should pay for fees for nothing ?

i am seriously really angry at this customer service that just don't answer my questions for Days,but only like bots with standard phrases and also the fact that paypal just scammed me for money for nothing. And i couldn't call them either since the line was always busy and an automatic voice told me "to try another time or send a message", which i did and then nothing happend. this is seriously by far the worst customer service i ever experienced. i do want to know if someone else had something like that and if someone from paypal reads this do i have to get to my lawyer to go to court because of this, because i will definitely NOT pay 1 Cent for hackers and people who can't protect their paypal accounts.paypal really tries to force me to pay for nothing even though it wasn't my fault that someone else bought my products with hacked paypal accounts MULTIPLE times. i mean this whole system here is not only not safe, it's also like scam for the vendors who have to pay for nothing. i won't do that for sure.

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

Temp20220422af
Contributor
Contributor

you can write whatever you want with you links, this system is scam. i can't believe this. won't be using paypal ever again. it is protecting the criminals and make the vendors to victims who have to pay the price. you can't put stuff to sell now without beeing targeted from criminals and if you have "bad luck" they just buy your stuff und sell with hacked accounts (since paypal is NOT safe at all) and then the vendors still have to pay the fees. this is like the worst and most blatant scam system i've ever heard of.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20220422af 

Nobody liked the idea but PayPal want to do the new policy. Just deduct the fee amount from the amount to refund next time. Or on your next sale, charge someone an extra 1.47 EUR.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20220422af 

Next time you refund, just deduct the amount of the fee from the total amount and refund that amount.

Login to Me Too

Temp20220422af
Contributor
Contributor

the buyer's account WAS HACKED, if his account is hacked ofc he wants all his money back. with your method he would pay the fee and would be mad aswell because he didn't buy anything. there will be no next time, paypal is just pure trash, it's so obviously bad and scam friendly.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20220422af 

It doesn't matter. PayPal want to do this new policy like this, no matter what the reason for the refund, the original fee you paid is not returned to you.

You are asking why you owe the money and I am just telling you why. I do not work for PayPal, I am just a user customer of PayPal like you.

When PayPal make the new policy, they told you by email they are updating policy and you can close your account if you do not agree with the updates.

Login to Me Too

Temp20220422af
Contributor
Contributor

i understand what you are saying but the system is scam. i don't understand how youcan't see that. you are answering the questions as if it was normal and rational. this system is SCAM. people who did nothing wrong have to pay money for nothing. and paypal gets the money. the do this with millions of people and make millions with it, this is called 100% pure scam. every normal human with a brain can see that this system is just ridiculous and in the interest of paypal to scam more money from innocent people.

Login to Me Too

Temp20220422af
Contributor
Contributor

i will close the account that's what i was saying. who would think of some idiotic stuff like that. i gues there are millions of people who couldn't believe a retarded policy like that. they can go on with that but they have 1 customer less now.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20220422af 

I try to keep my personal opinions out of it. I just try to not put myself in situations where this happens in my own life. That's how I deal with it. I just tell people why something is the way it is and you/they can curse the moon out. 😊

I do not sell certain products that are high risk to draw scammers to me. No game codes, no digital goods. No email delivery of digital goods. Stuff like that. But its not easy, scammers are everywhere but more easy for some products than others to be scammed.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20220422af 

I said nobody liked the policy. So you just want me to say this terrible and a scam, etc, etc? 😉

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.