ring

Katieu64
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone received  gold ring priced at $128 sen to them even though you didn't purchase it? The return address is <removed>. I believe it is a scam, and I cant find the charge anywhere on my credit cards

Login to Me Too
87 REPLIES 87

Revo_111x
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah I got nowhere here! I disputed my claim and got the same BS. I saved all the sites information contacted distributor for refund, And still nothing. Seems PayPal doesn’t nothing looks at the claim said you received your package (Not what you ordered) and said case closed! Maybe we should sue PayPal for scamming
Login to Me Too

mooonshine199
Contributor
Contributor

OK, Paypal repeatedly denied my claim because I refused to participate in this global gold ring scam and send it to the UK (came from china so why UK?).  I proceeded to contact my CC company that the funds from paypal came from, and after chatting with a human for 20 minutes they graciously refunded my money.  To be clear, the CC company refunded me,  while PAYPAL LEFT ME HIGH AND DRY!!! 

Login to Me Too

Revo_111x
Contributor
Contributor
Where did you find the number to call? I don’t know if it’s to late to do anything about my order but it just kills me and I’m sure tons of other people that PayPal has let these people get away with this scam!
Login to Me Too

blushartistry
Contributor
Contributor

I filed my claim and re-filed. I did everything that I could do on the PayPal site. I told the whole sordid tale about how I ordered an ice maker and received a stupid, useless gold ring. They left me hanging for the first claim for a long time, then denied it. I re-filed using a different claim type, continuing to explain my situation and they denied it the same day. I can appeal, but I'll have to mail everything to them and explain myself AGAIN, probably with the same outcome. I'd love to go to my credit card company, but my best friend paid me for something and they used my PayPal balance for part of the order and took the rest out of my bank account. I haven't given PayPal one iota of business since. I'm mad at myself for falling for such a scam, but I'm even more mad that PayPal has seen this EXACT SAME CASE from ALL OF US and hasn't done a damn thing to resolve the situation!

Login to Me Too

Andy_J64
Contributor
Contributor

I'm going through exactly the same issue.  I keep being asked to provide evidence of the return of the 'ring' (fortunately I an in the UK and was provided with a UK address to send it to.   I sent it special delivery and the seller refused to accept the package (twice).  I then got an email from Paypal Saying that I had not provided enough proof of shipping!!! See below.

So a tracking ID from the Royal Mail which clearly shows the building number and postcode of the item sent is apparently only 'Half the story!!!!'  What planet do these people live on.  ITS PROOF OF POSTAGE! They clearly have no idea how the postage system works here in the UK.

I have also engaged with the seller several times which is hilarious on some counts.  I sent them an email pointing out that the ring only actually weighed 0.905 Gramms not the 1.6gramms they advertise (so another fake lie) and the value (if pure 24 carrot gold - which of course its not lol) would be about $55 at current rates so not the $168 quoted.   This is a well known scam and I really don't understand why PayPal does not block their account on their platform. 

I will continue with the case and have sent paypal all of the emails and photos of the evidence as part of that.  The reason for doing all of that is that if I do not get resolution for my case through paypal I will raise the case the Financial Ombudsman in the UK who regulate any financial organisations operating in the UK.   

Its a sad indictment that that companies like PayPal don't seem to weed out these scammers.  Given the number of folks on this thread relating to exactly the same scam its sad that its still on-going. 

"

Please provide any information we ask you to send us within 3 days. If we don't hear back from you within this time frame, we may decide this case in the seller's favour.

To continue with our investigation, you provided already Proof of shipping is only half picture of it, we need proof of shipping that shows you returned this item to the seller. Proof of shipping should be a copy of the actual shipping label you used that shows the shipping address and the shipping company's stamp to verify the shipment date.

Any documents you provide may also be supplied to the seller.

Login to Me Too

Revo_111x
Contributor
Contributor
To me the is fraud ! This ring they sent is nowhere near the value what anyone has purchased through this company. We have have been scammed. And still being scammed and PayPal doesn’t do anything about protecting the customer. I saved all my information on the site and items purchased along with the site that can’t be accessed anymore and emails I have contacted the supplier several times and you know that answer to that of course. No reply!
Login to Me Too

ZydecoRebel
Contributor
Contributor
I will never buy another single item via paypal. No protection for their customers
Login to Me Too

ZydecoRebel
Contributor
Contributor
I had to dispute directly with my bank. I was told that they had been getting alot of these and i did get my money back. I had originally bought an item on Facebook and it was a total scam.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.