refund denied by PayPal

gixxerpilot
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal denied my refund from a fraudulent seller, based on a tracking number given by scam company. Scam company sent me a envelope containing a few children's stickers with a address I didnt recognize. PayPal closed the case before I could realize the tracking number from the envelope was what the company sent as the tracking number for the almost $100 item I purchased. PayPal needs to reverse the charges as I never received item I paid for , but instead .10 cents worth of stickers.

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

bellah_24
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @LuvtheLake71040 thank you for reaching out to PayPal Comnunity Forum and thank you for bringing this up to our attention. We're here to help. Since the dispute has been denied as the seller was able to provide a valid tracking number that met our minimal requirement. But,obviously you still haven't received your item. I'm glad that you were able to check this with UPS and you confirmed with them that it was delivered to a different address. I highly recommend please obtain a copy or something in writing that will disprove the seller's response with that tracking number. UPS doesn't need to indicate the exact address or exact information of the recipient. They can simply indicate the tracking number and stating that it was delivered to a different business address which is not associated with (your name).Once you have the document,then contact us (by sending a private message) via Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal Twitter (US): @AskPayPal  so we can provide you directions on how to submit or upload the documents and then we'll file an appeal for you. Once appeal has been filed, we'll send you an email for the update so please check it from time to time. ***If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. Thanks!****
Login to Me Too

cat2446
Contributor
Contributor

Wow, I had a fraud experience back in April, trying to buy a Breville espresso machine.  I realized it was a scam within minutes, but the PayPal amount was accepted instantaneously and couldn't be reversed.  I've spent months trying to inform PayPal that the seller was a scam artist -- hoping they would shut him down and possibly prevent other customers from having the same experience -- with no luck.  It's interesting that PayPal claims they have buyer protection but do absolutely nothing to protect buyers in the case of this kind of fraud.  They have most recently rejected all of my emails from UPS (proving that the package was never addressed to me, sent to a different address, and weighed a fraction of what it should have), and told me that I need to file a missing package report with my local police.   I'm beyond frustrated and now finding that this is a rampant problem on PayPal and find this explanation of the company's awareness of it very helpful.  

Login to Me Too

Lipsky127
Contributor
Contributor

After many hours of Wasted time I finally won my dispute with his crooked company.  Clearly Paypal never had a real person read my dispute before denying it the first time.  I have sent them overwhelming evidence.  Even documents from UPS That I got after opening investigation.  Don’t buy from idystorehere.com or godystore.com.

Login to Me Too

Lipsky127
Contributor
Contributor

My question is how does this company find real tracking numbers from other people to forward to Paypal for proof of delivery?

Login to Me Too

Lipsky127
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to thank the Paypal agent to help me resolve this today.  She was very professional and helpful.

Login to Me Too

Lipsky127
Contributor
Contributor

How many complaints does Paypal have to get on a company before canceling them?  Why was my dispute denied after the Company received the same complaints from others?  When buying online you may get more protection using a credit card. Paypal clearly has a problem they need to fix.

Login to Me Too

cat2446
Contributor
Contributor

Wow, after months of trying to get buyer's protection help from PayPal with no luck, I am finding many similar scams from the Brevillecoffeemaker.com (and other companies). Same response from PayPal - exactly.  I spent weeks trying to inform them that the seller was a scam artist -- hoping they would shut him down and possibly prevent other customers from having the same experience -- with no luck.  It's especially frustrating that I alerted them immediately in early April, and other people have been scammed since.  It's beyond discouraging that PayPal claims they have buyer protection but do absolutely nothing to protect buyers in the case of this kind of fraud.  They have most recently rejected all of my emails from UPS (proving that the package was never addressed to me, sent to a different address, and weighed a fraction of what it should have), and told me that I need to file a missing package report with my local police.  How are the scammers getting hold of the UPS tracking numbers? I'm interested to see that they need to see a "trending" of reports in order to do something -- but I'm finding the same complaint in several places on this forum, and PayPal has yet to help in this matter.    

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.