refund denied by PayPal

gixxerpilot
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal denied my refund from a fraudulent seller, based on a tracking number given by scam company. Scam company sent me a envelope containing a few children's stickers with a address I didnt recognize. PayPal closed the case before I could realize the tracking number from the envelope was what the company sent as the tracking number for the almost $100 item I purchased. PayPal needs to reverse the charges as I never received item I paid for , but instead .10 cents worth of stickers.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Good day @gixxerpilot, First, I must say thank you for using the community forum and I know you are not happy with the decision of PayPay regarding your case since it was closed in seller's favor. Plus, the item that was shipped to you is not what you ordered. That said, I am really glad that I was able to see your post so I can help you out. So, it seems to me that you filed a case for an "Item not received" but it was closed because we ultimately rely on the tracking number provided to make our final decision. However, you will still be able to appeal since the item that you received is "Significantly not as described" at all. Please contact us as soon as we are back in operation since our all phone lines are closed due to coronavirus (covid-19) emergency. Thank you for your patience and keep safe!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16
Solved

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Good day @gixxerpilot, First, I must say thank you for using the community forum and I know you are not happy with the decision of PayPay regarding your case since it was closed in seller's favor. Plus, the item that was shipped to you is not what you ordered. That said, I am really glad that I was able to see your post so I can help you out. So, it seems to me that you filed a case for an "Item not received" but it was closed because we ultimately rely on the tracking number provided to make our final decision. However, you will still be able to appeal since the item that you received is "Significantly not as described" at all. Please contact us as soon as we are back in operation since our all phone lines are closed due to coronavirus (covid-19) emergency. Thank you for your patience and keep safe!
Login to Me Too

gixxerpilot
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for reaching out, I have been trying to reach PayPal, but due to the pandemic situation, I understand staffing is at a minimum, I had hoped by posting my issue someone would respond, as you did, so I thank you, and will contact PayPal once things are settled down a bit.
Login to Me Too

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey @gixxerpilot 

For the meantime, you may reach our Customer Service through Facebook and Twitter. You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Stay Safe!

Login to Me Too

LuvtheLake71040
New Community Member

Purchased Dyson vacuum for $314 online thru: "idystorehere.com" paid with PayPal who showed paymnet to "Electronic Wizard".  When there was no further contact from Seller, e-mailed ther "support" e-mail address...was "Undeliverable" . Filed dispute : "Item not Received". Seller provided PayPal with Delivery Receipt that I verified through UPS was a "one pound" parcel delived to a business address in my home town (they would not furnish name or address...just Town's name) and signed by someone I never heard of.  PayPal denied my claim based solely on the Fradulent Delivery...PayPal says that they would "Investigate" at start of Dispute, however never did a thing except accept Delivery Receipt with any verification it was accurate, even after I Messaged that it was Fraud.  Got my "Denial" this morning.  NEVER any personal interaction!
I

Login to Me Too

LuvtheLake71040
New Community Member

Additonal information I forgot to include from my call to UPS...re: Tracking Receipt from Electronic Wizard...UPS did verify that the one pound item listed on the Receipt (my purchase weighted 8 pounds) was NOT...delivered to my home address furnished to fraudulent seller at time of purchase, but to a "Business". 

Login to Me Too

gixxerpilot
Contributor
Contributor
yes this seems to be a way the scammers have found PayPal to help them facilitate a Federal crime "Mail Fraud", per USPS administrative rep. . .
Login to Me Too

bellah_24
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @gixxerpilot thank you for sharing your insights to help other PayPal user. We appreciate that. We are capable to put permanent limitation on the seller's account if there's a fraud trend. It only means that sellers won't be able to use their PayPal account in all means such as receiving,withdrawing money and closing their account. If they want to sign up again our system can detect it and will link it to the previous account. Meaning, their PayPal account will remain useless. PayPal offers Purchase Protection. Both buyer and seller are protected under goods and services payment. We are here to help our customers. If you purchased something and would like a refund because you haven't received it, or it's not as described, you can file a dispute in our Resolution Center to start the process of getting your money back. Just beware of scammers,be vigilant with their website. If it doesn't look like legit,next. Also,I highly recommed to always check reviews before making a purchase online. ****If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!****
Login to Me Too

nopaloffraud

My dispute also was denied by PayPal. Apparently, PayPal is heavily engaged in this wire fraud scheme. Even though it has been brought to PayPal's attention that various websites run by "Electronic Wizard" aka <removed>  are fraudulent, yet all (godystore.com, ovensfound.com, ovensmadeinusa.com) and unknown others are still active and accepting payments through PayPal. The modus oparandi is following: Above websites copy content from manufacturers' websites, such as Dyson and Breville. Their policy states said manufacturer will fulfill the order. Once the order has been placed and payment submitted through PayPal, the seller (Electronic Wizard) will mail a small package via UPS to a random business address in the buyer's hometown, in order to obtain a tracking number. PayPal willingly accepts this tracking number to substantiate the seller's claim that the item was shipped and further to invalidate any claim disputes. Since PayPal has been aware of this criminal scheme, they are de facto an accomplice and actively assisting in fraud. This was reported to the Federal Bureau of Investigation Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3). Given PayPal's malfeasance, a class action lawsuit is in order. @Lipsky127 @gixxerpilot @LuvtheLake71040 @jiang2 @Ragnar_Lothbrok @bellah_24 

Login to Me Too

we5inelgr

This just happened to me as well, regarding ovensfound.com.  Contacted 4 times by email, 4 times by phone over 6 weeks.  Never heard from them.  Paid 279.99 for a Breville counter top toaster oven which weighs over 38 pounds.  The UPS tracking number stated on PayPal says the package was delivered.  Problem is, on the UPS site it clearly states the package was 2 pounds.  No counter top toaster oven from Breville weighs 2 pounds.  First indication it's fraud.  I contacted the chat on the UPS web site regarding the tracking number.  They confirmed to me the package was 2 pounds, and it was delivered to a different person at a different address.  PayPal denied my claim as well, without any explanation.  Why would PayPal side with a fraudulent transaction?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.