eBay Unlock Service Scam.

amutlk2012
Contributor
Contributor

I mistakenly purchased an iPhone unlocking service on eBay for $140. The seller asked me to wait 3-4 weeks. Around week 3, eBay removed his items for fraudulent activity and blocked me from accessing the item or filing a claim/dispute! So I went to file a undelivered claim on PayPal. Today I checked the status of the Dispute and the seller uploaded a tracking number that was "supposedly delivered" a week ago! For a "remote service" mind you! 

I've never dealt with this kind of scam before wtf. I don't even know what he sent in the mail. What should I do? Should I change claim type? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@amutlk2012 

If you have the tracking number, take it to the PO and ask for an intranet/GPS delivery coordinates report documentation that there was fraud, whether the seller shipped an empty envelope to or a nearby different address, etc. File a report with your local PD or ic3.gov, then pdf everything and make your case on appeal to reverse the decision. Also declare in the appeal that you want also formally report abuse of the seller protection program by this user and that you will also be reporting this user for violating unacceptable use policy.

See last section for contact info: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/acceptableuse-full?locale.x=en_US

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@amutlk2012 

If you have the tracking number, take it to the PO and ask for an intranet/GPS delivery coordinates report documentation that there was fraud, whether the seller shipped an empty envelope to or a nearby different address, etc. File a report with your local PD or ic3.gov, then pdf everything and make your case on appeal to reverse the decision. Also declare in the appeal that you want also formally report abuse of the seller protection program by this user and that you will also be reporting this user for violating unacceptable use policy.

See last section for contact info: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/acceptableuse-full?locale.x=en_US

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.