disputes and limitations @

plamen65

Hello well I m bit dissapointed and angry at the same time I dont want to provide to anybody including paypal my social security number I have sent you my driving licence and my social security card issued by goverment of Finland but purposly I cover my social security number because of my own PROotection I dont think so that you have a right to obtain that sensitive information , so if you dont open my paypal account after I provide you my driving licence and my soc, sec card please close this account and I can donate the small ammount of the money inside and this is very very disspointing issue, Really you want from me all those sensitive information no I dont agry those 2 documents I gave you without my full numbers of my social security is absolutly enough. sincirelly Plamen <removed>

I dont give my SSN I have provide enough proove that it is who am I Plamen <removed> by giving my driving license and my social security card . I live in Finland and here is extremly important to protect our SSN because of id thiefs even this is paypal no I refuse to give my last digital numbers of my soc. sec number so what I seggested all my 23 euros and 54 cents to be send to the poor owner of paypal and wish you all the best only will be nice if this account is close somehow . 

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@plamen65 

Why would you provide a Finnish S.S card to verify a U.S paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

plamen65

because by mistake 2017 when I create this account I have made it american

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@plamen65 

Then if you are living in Finland and NOT the U.S that U.S account won't ever work for you and you would never be able to verify it.

You need to contact customer services to see if they can close it and then open a Finnish paypal account. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

plamen65

thanks alot  for all responds I just must forget this account and that is that

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@plamen65 

What's the point of sending in your SSN card and having the number redacted? Now PayPal don't trust you either, hehe. If you didn't already provide the number in your account profile, they want scan of the card with the number to verify it. Understand that the real world is trying to regulate the virtual world. They're never going to accept a scan with the number redacted so just let PayPal permanently limit your account and you can withdraw whatever funds you have in the account after 180 days. On the other hand, no idea if they'll even accept the SSN card of Finland in the US, to be honest.

You can call customer service and say that you don't feel comfortable with giving your SSN and see what other options they have for you:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Edit: Now come to find out that you opened account in wrong country, you need to contact PayPal and let them know and hopefully give you options to fix this and open a Finland account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sharpiemarker 

Think they mean they live in Finland but made a U.S paypal account by mistake.  😐

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kernowlass 

Yeah, I know that. I made an Edit in my post at the end. 🙂

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sharpiemarker 

😊

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

plamen65

I try to find dirrect email to send all my concerns and dissaponments to paypal official but there is no such a think yes when I create this account happened mistake and I try to close it and even that one I cant so just I must forget what it is and like I say is only 23 euros so I can forget them 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.