dispute solved but money is withheld by Paypal

LeonieK1982
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, 
I opened a dispute for an "Unauthorized transaction" but it turned out to be a misunderstanding.  In the recent activity section, the payment status is COMPLETED. When I open the details it says "There is an open dispute associated with this transaction". But when I go to the resolution center it says "Case Closed: Transaction not covered". The money has been retrieved from my bank account and the service provider told me that she is in the negative, that Paypal is holding the payment. I set a message via the help center that is supposed to be answered within 24 hours, but no response. I tried to call but the line is closed due to Covid. I´d like to know where the money is and what´s going on!? Any idea? Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

aiqiang
New Community Member

I have the exact same problem too just last night. Tried calling a few times - no answer - and I was referred to using the live chat. The person on the other side said that the case status on their resolution center page is shown as "open", while mine says "closed". 

Have they fixed your problem yet? Has the payment gone through?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.