dispicable seller

sirpat
Contributor
Contributor

i paid for a small fridge freezer.....seller sent a cheap pair of sunglasses instead......now has agreed to refund IF i send{and pay} them back to him...paypals response has been you need to do this....when i go to respond {click on response} nothing happens.....i require a full refund and will not be paying 30 bucks to send back a pair of 5 dollar sunglasses....i have sent paypal pics and the page of the product i paid for and dont understand how they come up with this response...A.I?.....HOW do i respond to paypal?......only other option is to put in details of the item they want me to send back.....the seller is obviously fraudulent and i reckon does this because people wont go thru with all this hassle.....advice appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I, as well as dozens if not hundreds here have experienced similar scams. PP's standard response is what you'd described. Don't bother sending crap back, address is likely bogus anyway, sothe case just drags on forever. If PP is expecting you to upload tracking number, upload photos of what you received to buy more time, if you do anything the case will expire on its own. Meantime contact customer service on chat, get to a live agent and explain your situation, expect to go thru several reps before anyone will actually try to help, but that's how I got my dispute/claim resolved.

Also, you can file comaplint about merchant on ic3.gov web site.

Tell your story to KTLA (or stration of your choice), maybe they'll step in.

https://ktla.com/about-ktla/contact-us/submit-news-tips-and-story-ideas/

It's KTLA in Los Angeles. Google the link if PP deletes it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.