after payment the British shop appeared Chinese

Lodidol
Contributor
Contributor

i only decided to buy the 'Ulanzi ST-03 Folding Metal Phone Tripod Mount Clamp Holder Bracket with Hot Shoe' for 13.30 € from the shop called 'tomtop' because it presented itself being in the UK! Today, one day after my order and payment via this PayPal account I read in PayPal's mail of confirmation that the shop is in reality Chinese and obviously in China (+86 international area code). I feel bluffed. But PayPal support by phone recommends to wait for delivery and they said I had 180 days of buyer protection from the day PayPal charges my account in spite of not having bought via ebay. Does anyone know the 'tomtop' shop? Thank you so much in advance. Stefan from Germany

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lodidol 

The price is a dead giveaway as well as the name of the shop and the shop itself "screams" Chinese. The brand names of the merchandise are very indicative. Chinese shops have a cookie-cutter characteristic to them after you've seen enough of them

https://www.tomtop.com/about-tomtop.html says they are a Alibaba (China) Gold Supplier.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Lodidol
Contributor
Contributor
Thank You very much for Your explanations and Your experience! Meanwhile I gladly received the item without flaw! By the way, may I ask You what You mean when You say 'cookie-cutter characteristic'. Thank You so much for Your efforts to help!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lodidol 

It means they are all set up in the same way............

Great piccies / bargain prices.

Made to look as they are a company in your own country.

Have depots in every country but returns go back to China (and the return often costs more than the ite is worth).

When you click on 'return policy' there is rarely a return 'address'.

When you click on 'contact' you only get a webmail address and NO phone nuber or contact address

etc etc etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.