Another Chinese Scam Company called Xinkuan Culture Studio, Longhua District, Haikou

26-april
Contributor
Contributor

My wife ordered 2 chairs from (what she thought was a British Company as the advert clearly states an English web address). When I was informed, I looked at your web presence and you are not a British Company.You are clearly a Chinese scam company.
You advertise as an English Company, however, The companies House Number does not exist. Well it wouldn’t as you are a Chinese Scam Company.

TO PAYPAL. HOW MANY MORE OF THESE CHINESE SCAM OUTFITS MUST SUCCESSFULLY SCAM THE BRITISH PUBLIC BEFORE YOU REALISE YOU ARE FACILITATING FRAUD. YOU ARE WHOLLY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR LACK OF ‘Duty of Care’ to your customers. WITHOUT YOUR FALSE ASSURANCES, THESE CRIMINALS COULD NOT EXIST. I AM GIVING YOU WARNING THAT IT IS MY INTENTION TO SUMMONSES YOU TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT. THIS WILL BE CARRIED OUT AT 9.00am ON WEDNESDAY 2nd June 2021. THIS IS NOT A NEW SCAM AND AS SUCH YOU HAVE IGNORED PREVIOUS SCAMS UNDERTAKEN BY THESE CHINESE COMPANIES AND YOU ARE THE SOLE CONDUIT.

Kenneth  Newcombe

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

26-april
Contributor
Contributor

I have found four different websites (with different.web names), but with the same invalid Company number and the same address in Middlesex. Not bad for a supposed Chinese Scamming Company

Login to Me Too

26-april
Contributor
Contributor

Neluyu.com and Kiurley.com are both using the same webpage, so I wonder how many scam addresses point to the same webpage?. PAYPAL!!!!, you are useless, I worked this out in half an hour on an iPad. Why, with ALL your assets at your disposal can you not exclude the Chinese Scammers, Could it be to your financial advantage to ignore them and continue to let the Scammers thieve from your trusting customers? 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Login to Me Too

JusDave66
Contributor
Contributor

I have recently had dealings with this company and now in resolution centre. Ordered item didn't arrive but sent me a mini jigsaw worth no more than £4. Tried to email and each time come back unable to deliver. Now took matter up with PayPal and been offered a partial refund of £7. Have refused this so now see what happens. Have now seen same company and address advertising items under name Best buy and same address and UK address. 

So see what happens but refused this refund and hope to get my £20+ back and if they want their jigsaw they sent back can have it if they pay for postage. 

Usually I am on the ball and avoid things that look too good but got caught this time sadly. Never again will I be buying anything online unless can see solid proof I will get the goods ordered. Something needs doing about such places as bet there are many who bought in good faith and been ripped off. 

I wait now to see what happens after my refusal of £7 and if any justice will get full refund. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JusDave66 

You may have to return it as paypal state..........

In the event of a dispute you choose your seller and not Paypal so you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you go ahead and buy from that seller / country.

Paypal state this >>
IMPORTANT: You may be required to return the item to the seller or other party we specify as part of the settlement of your claim. PayPal Buyer Protection does not entitle you to reimbursement for the return shipping costs that you may incur.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JusDave66
Contributor
Contributor
Many thanks for the information. I have said they can have the item I received back as looking at the shipping was sent within the UK. To return would cost around £3 as checked it out. Or if they wanted to deduct say £4 which is what can buy this mini jigsaw for and deduct then be happy with that. I used my debit card to pay for it but wish had used credit card now. I am still waiting to hear from PayPal as to their final decision but thought the dodgy company offering what they did was wrong and was basically what they were charging for postage for the item I ordered. Ultimately I am sadly expecting to lose on this and since have seen the name change 2 or 3 times but all show same address and bits. I don't use PayPal much at all in reality so from all this I be able to also make any future decisions on what and where I buy and how pay for it. Just a shame these places seem to keep getting away with this stuff and people being took for rides which in turn makes it more difficult would think for the genuine companies out there who sell goods in a proper honest manner.
Login to Me Too

roybhoy8
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, just be done the same, wife purchased hanging garden chair and paid £25, received a set of cheap ear buds I wouldn't give away for free? Dispute return offered me £9 to shut up and go away? NOT! Please lets get together and stop this **bleep** happening to everyone PayPal, no doubt your making a friken fortune of these chinks and you need to stop this now. We want our money back and the FULL amount, we are not that rich that we give our money away to scammers

Login to Me Too

26-april
Contributor
Contributor

This is getting silly now, another scam by the same Chinese scam company, this time they are called Namiler.com. Same false English Company address, same false UK Company Number. Come on PayPal they are using you to scam your own customers. You owe it to us to shut these scammers down. I see it, so why don’t you?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@roybhoy8 

@26-april 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

Paypal would not be able to check every individual seller / merchant / company in over 200 countries worldwide that adds paypal to their website to accept payments.

So they give you 'some' buyer protection but the onus is on you to risk assess your transactions.

They do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.
However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.

The best thing is to not buy from them in the first place, to recognise them -

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item OR service
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website (or you receive a totally different product).

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. Paypal will review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

Do not close the dispute until you have a refund or your item.
If a seller states that they can't refund until you have closed the dispute don't believe them.
Escalate the dispute to a claim within 20 days (before it times out), if you need Paypal to get involved.

If you lose because the seller provides a fake tracking number then post back here for more advice.
If the item arrives and its not what you ordered / not as described then make sure you change the dispute quickly from non receipt. If the dispute times out before you can change it then contact customer services to open a second dispute for the new reason.

Activate the below link in case you have to return the item at Paypals request (or the correct one for your country as this is the U.S link).

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will issue a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.