account restricted as I no longer live in the country i set the account up with

swanlu
Contributor
Contributor

I had to confirm my identity and show proof of address so I took a photo of a government letter which i uploaded, it wasnt accepted as its not from the country i set it up in. I moved over a year ago from that country and It is an island state so paypal isnt even registered in the Cayman islands, what do i do as I have a bit of saving i cant access and I am currently looking for jobs and have little access to any money now. Its pretty distressing -Can anyone help or advice me who i can contact?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi swanlu, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

PayPal services are available for customers in the Cayman Island. Please create a new PayPal account selecting this country. You will need a new email address to create the new account and once the account is created a request can be made to transfer the balance from your old PayPal account to your new PayPal account. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

swanlu
Contributor
Contributor

But this isnt possible as I dont live there anymore? And I have limited access to my paypal account through the limitation and it wont allow me to send money or anything? Please help!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.