Yodel (UK) left package outside my front door and it was stolen

smnmy
Contributor
Contributor

i was away for a few days, missed a delivery by Yodel of an Ebay purchase via the Global Shipping Program. They emailed to say it was left in a safe place, but I live on a main road, outside my door is not a safe place, it was stolen.

I paid the seller for the items, and paid taxes in advance to Pitney Bowes in the US, total was £60 GBP. The seller didn't do anything wrong (apart from using the GSP) so he is not liable. Will Paypal refund me, and if so what is the process?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@smnmy wrote:

i was away for a few days, missed a delivery by Yodel of an Ebay purchase via the Global Shipping Program. They emailed to say it was left in a safe place, but I live on a main road, outside my door is not a safe place, it was stolen.

I paid the seller for the items, and paid taxes in advance to Pitney Bowes in the US, total was £60 GBP. The seller didn't do anything wrong (apart from using the GSP) so he is not liable. Will Paypal refund me, and if so what is the process?

Thanks

You can call customer service to explain and maybe they might credit you out of their own pocket but it is not guaranteed. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

smnmy
Contributor
Contributor

thanks - i will try!

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

Global shipping program is the one who is liable,if package is stolen.

Do not file dispute with PAYPAL,as seller only have to ship to GSP in Kentucky to get seller protection so you wil lose the dispute.

Ask you seller to help you file a claim with GSP,it will reimburse you

Login to Me Too

smnmy
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not hopeful. but will try.

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

if GSP has hired Yodel to deliver and it left the package outside and stolen,Yodel is really responsible,ifnot then it is GSP,it has insurance policy to cover such.

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

sometimes the carrier did such a good job hiding it,no one can find it !

Once they threw it inside my garage,I found it ten months later

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nevadasmith

Blimey you must have an untidy garage Smiley Surprised   Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

it was a very small package .

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.