Victim of a scam and paypal sided with seller

Staceyrose
Contributor
Contributor
I have been a victim of a scam. Seller posed as a UK business and was selling skechers. After a long dispatch and long delivery wait it turned out delivery was from china. The skechers were not skechers and this has been confirmed by skechers themselves. They are cheap trainers which they probably only paid £10 for (have since found elsewhere at this price but cost me £27.95) I opened a case which kept getting extended. Now paypal are pretty much closing in their favour unless I post to Morocco!! They posed as a uk company, delivery was from china and returns to morocco?! 1. We are on lockdown so many post offices local to me are closed, I do not drive so cannot get anywhere. 2. I am a key worker that works 12 hours a day. 3. The return alone will cost as much as the trainers themselves. 4. Due to close on 10th may but I have no money!! I have provided plenty of evidence to prove I have been scammed and now feel buyer protection is non existent. This will result me in closing paypal and ebay accounts as no trust anymore. This should be closed in my favour unless the scammer pays the return costs Is there an actual email address to make a complaint? Phone lines are closed, messages are not being responded to. Social media useless!
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Staceyrose 

If you paid with credit card, try disputing through your card issuer and forfeit the PayPal dispute.

Please read section 2:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/buyer-protection?locale.x=en_GB

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Staceyrose
Contributor
Contributor
Was by paypal credit. No one helping. Lost all trust in them. Can't believe they have sided with a scammer
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.