Unauthorized transfer

SSmith1975
Contributor
Contributor
Good morning, I woke up to $1000 being transferred out of my checking account from Paypal that was unauthorized. How do I reverse the transfer?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Not2BFW
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing just happened to me, how did you get this resolved? I cannot get in touch with anyone from paypal and am afraid to delete the account because I may never get my money back

Login to Me Too

Cookemonster23
Contributor
Contributor

I have the exact same problem, twice (2000$). The CSR it took 30 minutes to get a hold of was not helpful at all, she was nice, but not helpful. I sat on hold for a supervisor and was eventually promised one would call me back. They have not. Interesting their 800[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] isn't listed on their site. Basically one could wait, however long the pending transfer takes, and send it back to yourself, which takes what 4-6 days full cycle? Or, call them and complain and hope to get it back sooner? It's insane that if I bought something through this app/site, they charge me pretty much right away. However when it comes to giving me MY money back it takes days (very disappointing).

I think this was, and from the bits of information I could get from the CSR, a phishing attempt. You might have gotten a text or email promising to be from paypal or the post office or UPS, (pay attention to a read receipt request from such attempts) this is when 'they' get you. It would be nice if Paypal would offer a login history for our accounts to see when and where they've been accessed. I'm sure someone at paypal has that access, but there isn't anyone answering the phones to find out.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.