SELLER MAKING EXCUSES TO SEND YEZZYS

AsmaShaikh
Contributor
Contributor

I bought this authentic Yeezy cloud from this guy for £180.
he sent me a voicemail and I accepted. he also told me that he was going to ship it between 3-5 days. when i looked at tracking on UPS it came as delivered on the 24th august 2020
to the US. while I ordered it on the 16th of September 2020.
I asked him all this but he'es not giving a clear response. he is also not willing to talk to me properly and I also said to call me but he does not want to do that

on the 18th of December 2020, I was talking to him when are u going to ship it. he said today so I said to him greatly. after a couple of hours I said to have you shipped it he said no I was busy at work. so I said to him I can understand that.
I also said when are you going to ship it then.
he then started a story saying that I have
"today my employer went to get me chek of for coronavirus so i can't do anything know" this was before I send him the money.

so I told him to tell someone else to ship it - no responses
call me - no response

at the time of writing this - ten minutes ago he said he has tested positive for coronavirus
i think he is trying to send me fake pair so he gets time to send it from china of something

the tracking he sent me was not the same tracking it was the wrong date (1 month ago)

he's also using leveraging coronavirus pandemic and his boss told him this and that so he can send me either a fake pair because or just wanting to trouble me
to get my money back

when I'm texting him about the Yeezy he's trying to avoid me

could you pls help me because I have never ever been in this situation
and I think I might get scammed from this seller

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.