Uber eats fraud

john-l-p
Contributor
Contributor

I had two strange charges from Uber Eats appear on my paypal account yesterday, and I quickly disputed both. Yet today, PayPal sent a note that they determined the charges were not unauthorized and closed the case!  

I have Uber Eats app on my phone but never use it. I used it only once in March of 2019.  The two charges from yesterday on my PayPal do NOT show up in my list of orders on the app.  

The fact that I'm certain I did not place any Uber Eats orders, plus the fact that the charges don't show up on my Uber Eats app -- makes me certain that there is some fraud happening.

Since they closed the case, and have no phone support right now, I'm not sure what to do.

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

Margijennings
Contributor
Contributor
Did PayPal end up doing anything about it? I was just charged $99.40 from uber eats. I don't have an account. No one has my bank or PP info. This is not me and PayPal says it was an authorized transaction even tho I have no freaking idea where it came from
Login to Me Too

Mandimurders
New Community Member
I'm currently having the same problem. They charged 98.93 on my account. Ive never used Uber Eats. Period. Its and automatic enrollment I never signed up for. I'm thinking of stepping away from paypal. Especially if your information is that easy to hack. Not only that they are ok with not refunding fraud.
Login to Me Too

Margijennings
Contributor
Contributor
TD Bank is going to fix this for me and then I'm done with PayPal this is something that obviously happens often with PP and uber eats because if you Google PayPal uber eats fraud people have reported the same exact thing going on for years and PayPal doesn't do anything. I think they're working together and do it on purpose
Login to Me Too

marieeaaa
New Community Member

I had the same problem - you would think PAYPAL would **bleep**ing realize it's some sort of scam from uber eats - buyer protection - yea right! no support what so ever - taken money and no refund what a joke

Login to Me Too

gkoutso201
New Community Member

I have exactly the same problem!!! 

I just got charged $117 from uber eats.

First of all, I have not used paypal in years. I only knew because I got an email that I authorized a payment.

I do not even use uber eats.

I have an account but only made one purchase ever in my life a few months ago. 

The charge does not show up on my uber eats account.

I have changed my passwords to everything. 

I cannot get in touch with either paypal or uber eats.

They are not taking phone calls.

What on earth is one to do????

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND!!!

HELP US PAYPAL!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Margijennings
Contributor
Contributor
I harassed PayPal sooo bad I flipped out they did nothing I called my bank and they fixed it immediately. And only then did paypal do a reversal after my bank did which i had to reverse BACK to pp because my bank already took care of it.. It was a freaking nightmare and I really wanted to delete pp after it was over with but I have no other choice none of my customers use other payment aps so I'm stuck using it.
Login to Me Too

JC12121210
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly the same thing happened to me last night. I immediately disputed it but Pay Pal said is was authorised.  I have been trying to get through to them on the phone all morning and requested call backs but not managed to speak to anyone yet.  I live in the countryside and we do not have Uber!!  How can I get to speak  to a person to explain this!!  V frustrating. Worried. Now that my account has been compromised!  What other charges are going to appear.....

Login to Me Too

Rober169
New Community Member
I have the same problem like everybody else here. Paypal needs to fix this, if they don’t, they are helping people to do scam. This is so bad.
Login to Me Too

Imsupermad
New Community Member
Paypal sees this and doesn’t do anything about it, such a shame
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.