Transaction dispute issue

D_P_M

My wife gave me the wrong email address to send a $200 payment to, for some work she had done on her bicycle.  

A few hours after I had made the payment, she let me know it was the wrong address, but the individual had already accepted the payment, even though I had included a message of thanks for the service on my wife's bike.  He obviously knew the money was not his.

PayPal asks that I contact the individual directly, which I have attempted to do.  No response.

PayPal also says a dispute can be filed with them, which I did.

PayPal has just replied with a simple 'denied'.  No sense of understanding how this might happen, nor offer to contact the individual themselves, even though is clearly theft that one of their patrons is participating in.  No offer to help mediate, nor put any pressure on the thief.

Has anyone had a similar situation occur and found any sort of resolution?  Not only is this simply wrong, but there's a real frustration that nobody cares that it's wrong.  Certainly, efforts can and should be made by PayPal.  

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@D_P_M

Which dispute did you open? What option did you select?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.