Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

jonesy27
New Community Member

I have had a dispute with another company that claimed delivery.  After a month and a half also sending pay pal proof of no mailing I am out 147.00 now these people.  Pay pal even had the nerve to tell me that if it is not an ebay purchase they really don't like to get involved.  This was on the telephone with them.  Why do I pay through them and get no protection from these scum bags.  They do not realize the buyer keeps their doors open not the seller.

Login to Me Too

gradadim
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered slippers and You send me number 45 instead of 43 number.I returned this product to China from where I received that. They promised me they will send me number 43.% .Five months has passed and still I don t have it

Login to Me Too

Pfoster38
New Community Member
These advertisements are all over Facebook and inserted in my free games apps. I can't believe they are still allowed to be up. I ordered bras and paid through PayPal, figuring PayPal wouldn't pay a scammed. Apparently I was wrong. I used to think PayPal was on top of things. I guess I was wrong....
Login to Me Too

neveah90033
Contributor
Contributor
I too not reading the reviews before I purchased from then. I just what i seen Facebook (which were great) weird. I purchased a 2 way rotating iron to straighten and curl my hair, needless to say it took 6 weeks to get here then it functioned work. They refuse to give me a refund. PayPal has said they can’t side with me on the claim. Ridiculous I will never bye from this company again and Beth disappointed with PayPal in how they treat their customers.
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

From what I can discern after ordering a product and not receiving what I paid for, they are a Chinese company making millions from us stupid US consumers. They have a one-star rating on BBB's all over the USA. I ordered rug grippers and recieved only 1/2 the number I paid for (and PP's great resolution center denied my claim, presumably because a package shows as delivered).

I tried to email Storm Media myself. Bounced back as undeliverable. Went through Paypal, SML's "reply" was to copy and paste the invoice into an email and send it to me. THIS IS A COMPANY IN CHINA THAT SELLS CHEAP CRAP. Little gadgets, stain removers, rug grippers, etc. They use Facebook to market their items. When you click a link on Facebook, you will be able to tell you are on a Storm Media site by the fact that all their sites have the same look, feel, and use the same marketing claims for their products. The rug grippers are complete garbage, by the way. Won't even hold down a 3x2 throw rug. They use "customer testimonials" to sell their products. Of course, the 'reviews' of whatever product they are selling are all glowing, leading you to believe that you would seriously be missing out if you don't order it!

So that's what I know. It's a real company. In China. I now look a lot more closely when I click a Facebook link. You should too.

BTW, I've attached a photo that shows clearly there is only one set of rug grippers in the package. I ordered and paid for two.IMG_5327 (1).jpg

Login to Me Too

jersygrl5569
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered an item, which I received, but then I saw a charge on my PayPal account I didn't recognize. Called PayPal, found out I had been set up for a recurring order/charge every month. Not by me, I may add. So PayPal cancelled the "agreement" and I got my money refunded.

Login to Me Too

Penny2468
New Community Member

I placed an order with Storm Media Limited for 4D Fiber Eyelash Mascara on May 19, 2018. IT HAS NOT ARRIVED! You can not contact them.

Login to Me Too

Laura103
I also ordered a cord this gas trimmer from storm media limited and they charge my PayPal account and $37 but I have not received the item and when I try to call them I keep getting a busy signal. Anyone know how to contact them?
Login to Me Too

Laura103
I ordered a gas trimmer from storm media and they charged to my PayPal account $37.47 and I have not received the trimmer. When I try to call the number, I keep getting a busy signal. Anyone know how we can get our money back or contact this company?
Login to Me Too

AmyU
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone received their packages from Storm Media really really late? How long should I wait before reporting?

I ordered items over a month ago, and haven't received anything. I found their site from a sponsored ad on Instagram. I haven't had issues ordering from Instagram sites in the past.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.