Since 99% of buyers are being scammed

sarra1833
Contributor
Contributor
Via fake China companies (never get their orders or sizes are way way wrong or quality is worse than if a 2 year old made it), and PayPal backs them saying you must pay shipping that's 70%+ the cost of the item(s) you/we paid for, perhaps the only way to make a statement is to leave PayPal. I just wonder what high quality site out there would be. Google Pay? Venmo? Stripe? I know I can't trust PayPal ever again. And reading the thousands of horror stories on here just makes me more determined to never use PayPal. I myself just paid for some clothing from a store called Anniescloth and even saw their name for spamming on here while I was reading. Trouble is, China scammers set up sites that look 100% USA/UK and fake Mailing addresses to look like USA, have sizes in usa (or UK), and they run 6000 dozen other scam sites under their name. The only way you know it's not from the USA is when you check PayPal and see the seller is really from China. That right there is a massive red flag and a bait and switch. SOMETHING has to be done. I hope the USA ends up setting very expensive tarrifs off of China, so high that they shut down. I see the name "China" and instantly think "Scammers and Scum and DO NOT TRUST". We have to leave PayPal so they'll feel it and redo how they do things. Too many victims on here being **bleep** over and zero protection. When we all have the same complaints, it's not rocket science to see something is seriously not right.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sarra1833 

Just stop buying from these sites. You don't have to buy from them, there's no gun to your head. Stick to shops/brands/merchants you know that are reputable. Don't go creeping around these strange sites you never done heard of. And do research on the shop before buying. If you've shopped around long enough you can tell the Chinese sites a mile away. Be observant. WE are our last line of defense. Anyone can slap together a shop these days.

Returning for a refund is the way PayPal resolves things if it can't be resolved between you and merchant. Can't keep both item and the money. You're not entitled to return shipping costs as the dispute is only for amount you originally paid. PayPal can't force seller to pay for return shipping or issue partial refund, that's all on the seller to offer and commit to.

PayPal has return shipping refund program so return the item before you lose the case:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

KoryHellmer
New Community Member

I have been a PayPal member since 2007.

I am so exasperated with the frustration of dealing with your client Anniescloth or Confidence&Collaboration fashion studio.com and PayPal's ineffective handling of these issues, that I WILL NEVER USE PAYPAL AGAIN.

Today I spend a very long time on the phone talking with CALI and her supervisor JAMES, who could do nothing but repeat PayPal's policies.

The original transaction with Anniescloth was fraudulent, Confidence&Collaboration fashion studio.com colluded in this fraud, and PayPal has not bothered to investigate these practices.

January 20, 2020

Login to Me Too

ArneV
Contributor
Contributor

Know how you feel ...

Safer and more protected

Shop with peace of mind. PayPal Buyer Protection can cover your eligible purchases if they don’t show up or match their description.

Nice first lines on page

Just read the fine print where they do nothing for you.

I have to send back to china while item was send from Luxembourg is 65€ instead of 9€to send Luxembourg  but nobody cares.(for item that cost 49€)

Just copy past standard line to return just reading over the real problem

Seems all you get is like you say repeat off PayPal's policies.

I think your best chance is to file claim with bank you have card from.Now in that process myself

Good luck

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.