Seller won't ship until payment released

jimmyz1234
New Community Member

I bought something off of Depop (similar to eBay) and the money (from credit card) to the seller has been placed on hold. The seller says that PayPal has emailed her saying that it will take 14 days to clear and won't ship the item until she has received the funds. Should I open a case for a refund or wait for the money to be released to her? It has been 10 days.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

There are a number of reasons payments can be held, but this sounds like a general hold to verify shipping.  The seller should not be making you wait.  If the payment shows Completed on your end, then they would see the same status, and should treat it that way.  Whether or not the funds are being held is not your problem.

If they were to ship the item and provide tracking info, the funds would likely be released soon after the tracking showed it was delivered.  You may also see an option on your side when reviewing the payment details where you can click a link to say you have received the item.  If you do this, the funds would likely be released.

However, that is not recommended.  Again, the seller should follow the instructions inside the transaction details on their side and ship the item, provide tracking, and they'll get the funds faster that way.  If they aren't willing to do this, then you could decide to go ahead and submit an "item not received" dispute.  

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.