Seller sold faulty goods i returned them with proof and paypal closed my case

chihuahua82a
Contributor
Contributor

I received faulty dresses From Berrylook.com in May to the value of £79 I returned the same goods paying for tracked delivery with Royal Mail. I kept asking Paypal for help as I was continuously emailing the company who asked me for proof of purchase, then again for product numbers, then again for order numbers, then again for proof of return. I supplied all that was needed to prove my case was genuine. everytime I contact the seller they would start all over again for the same information. I opened the case with Paypal and once again I provided proof of return. Paypal favoured me and contacted the company again. once I supplied Paypal with proof of return by the Royal mail, then after waiting for two weeks Paypal came back said they couldn't verify the tracked delivery from Royal mail and told me to contact the seller and closed the case. I contacted Royal Mail to get a copy of the person who signed for the returned goods and also the certificate which is a legal document showing exact time and date of delivery and signature. I now find that I cannot attached the verification documents to send to Paypal have emailed them and tried to attach the documents but they have closed the case. How can Paypal not take the proof from Royal Mail as legal proof. It just makes Paypals promises worthless. can anyone advise me what to do next as legal action costs a lot more money. Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

chihuahua82a
Contributor
Contributor

thanks a million your a star 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chihuahua82a

1. If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

2. If you are in the UK look at a small claims court action if the seller is in the UK as well.

3. Finally try giving customer services a call and see if you can appeal their decision.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

chihuahua82a
Contributor
Contributor

I really appreciate your replying to me as I have never used this method of asking for help and wasn't sure how it worked so thank you so much for taking the time out.  do you know where I can get the customer services number as I have looked so many times and couldn't get it?  I will try my debit card company as you suggested as that never occurred to me lol. But the smalls claim court here costs £62 so it wouldn't be worth my while as I would only receive £17 back from this course of action. A million thanks Eva

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chihuahua82a

You haven't said what country you are in so can only give you this...........

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

chihuahua82a
Contributor
Contributor

Awwww thank you so much sorry i'm in Northern Ireland and I really appreciate you sharing your knowledge with me. I shall give it a go and see what happens next. 🙂

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chihuahua82a

In that case I can add the below......... UK.customer services are actually based just outside Dublin....odd I know.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too
Solved

chihuahua82a
Contributor
Contributor

thanks a million your a star 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.